Author Topic: Ork 2500 point List Critique  (Read 1602 times)

Offline KiwiWarboss

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Ork 2500 point List Critique
« on: September 01, 2016, 03:40:25 PM »
Hi all

I am having a 2500 point game in a weeks time with mate from my club, we aren't overly competitive but we still want to make the game a challenge and bragging rights will be granted to the victor. I am running my favourite army, Orks as I have just completed 3 of the new Wazboom blasta jets. Please let me know you thoughts, tactical issues you can see and what I should change. 

My list: Great Waaagh! band -  detachment

HQ:
Painboy - bike, Gort Orderly

Core:
Warboss - Bike, Power Klaw (PK), Lucky stick, Boss Pole (BP), Da finking cap
Mek

Nobs - 5 nobs, bikes, boss nob with PK

4 boys mobs - 16 boys & Nob with Big choppa & BP (Each mob)
2 boys mobs - 11 boys with shoota (Each mob)
1 Gretchen

Auxiliary:

4 Mek guns - KMK with ammo runt each
5 Mek guns - Loobas  Ammo runts each
14 Lootas
15 Tank busta - Nob with BP

Aegis defence wall

Flyer wing:

Wazboom Formation:
Wing leader - Wazboom jet - KFF, Teleporta blasta, Super shoota
Wazboom - Teleporta blasta, Super shoota
Wazboom - Teleporta blasta, super shoota
Dakka jet - 3 super shootas.

I am facing either a sisters army with immolator spam and a knight or a chaos army with a bike star, defilers and 2 squads of max out noise marines and a knight. My plan is to put at least 2 objectives in each deployment zones, I will castle up all my guns behind my defence wall and create refused flank, have all my boys squads on the other flank charging up the field with my Boss squad behind for counter charge. Once the flyers arrive (should be turn 2) then I will attempt to time my charges to coincide with the flyers to provide support. A waaagh! every turn I have learned can make your army reasonably fast. Also the warlord traits can improve the army immensely. I get a 1 on my Ork traits list, the army is fearless, also 1-3 on strategic (da finking cap) will be a good result also. Please prove some critique and what units you would swap/change. 

Online DeffBossGitKrusha

• Brother Captain
  • Shoot da choppy ones and chop da shooty ones!
    • View Profile
    • work in progress
Re: Ork 2500 point List Critique
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 07:41:12 AM »
Looks good I guess. Although... I'm not a fan of the way you've set up your lootas and Tank bustas. You could divide those into small mobs so it's harder to kill them all off in one go. But it's more about how you plan to use them I guess.
Chop! Chop! Chop! Chop! Chop! Chop! Chop!
WAAAAAAAAGH! Dakka Dakka Dakka!
http://warhead01.blogspot.com/

Offline OzzieWarboss

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 09:03:11 AM »
Be good to see how it turns out, especially the wazbooms; been thinking of adding one to my army.

Offline KiwiWarboss

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 12:52:34 AM »
Hi

Thanks for the feed back, regarding the tanks busters I have switched out the Painboy for a Bigmek with a Mega kustom force field for added protection, hopefully it works out.
I have attached a video of the force all set up, let us know if it doesn't work.

Here is a run down of the changes I have made:

My list: Great Waaagh! band -  detachment

HQ:
Big Mek - Mega Kustomforce field, Boss Poll, Eavy Armour.

Core:
Warboss - mega Armour, Boss pole (BP), Lucky Stick, Cybork body

Mek

4 Mega nobs, Boss with Combie Skorcha, 1 pair of killsaws, Trukk with Rokkit & Ram

4 boys mobs - 11 Boys, 1 Nob with Big Choppa & BP - Trukk with Rokkit & Ram.
1 boys mob - 10 boys
1 boys mob - 15 shoota boys
1 Gretchen squad

Auxiliary:

4 Mek guns - KMK with ammo runt each
5 Mek guns - Loobas  Ammo runts each
14 Lootas
15 Tank bustas - 3 Bomb sqigs

Aegis defence wall

Flyer wing:

Wazboom Formation:
Wing leader - Wazboom jet - KFF, Teleporta blasta, Super shoota
Wazboom - Teleporta blasta, Super shoota
Wazboom - Teleporta blasta, super shoota
Dakka jet - 3 super shootas.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 12:54:23 PM by KiwiWarboss »

Offline KiwiWarboss

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 04:28:56 PM »
Hi Fellow Warbosses

I have played the game with my mate and here is a quick break down of the match:

I was against a Grey knights army with an Imperial knight. 

Maelstrom mission number 1, random deployment: hammer & anvil, 6 objective markers placed with mysterious objectives, I place my 3 in and around both deployment areas. Lost the roll off for sides & lost roll off for deployment. I was going second from right to left (as you will see in pictures). He deployed first and only deployed only his Imperial knight. I set up a green wall of fire power with the flyers waiting in the wings.

Turn 1:
I rolled to seize and got the dreaded 6! I opened up with all my guns that could effect the knight, and manged 2 hull points. All other forces that weren't shooting started moving. Grey Knights turn 1 was reasonable, however his deep-striking units had some trouble finding there landing zones, as he suffered a number of deep-strike mishaps and lost a whole terminator unit! Only one of his dread knights and terminator squads arrived, the terminators opened up on the Lootas killing 3 and the Deadknight and Imperial knight open up on the KMK taking out 3 of them and causing the unit to run.

Turn 2:
Flyers failed to turn up! Lobbas open up on the Terminators killing 3, and a grot squad shot & charged them to hold them up. Tankbustas open up on the Dreadknight doing 1 wound, Trukks moved up to grab objectives and everything that could open up on the knight did so. More Grey knights arrived, killing a few boys, Dreadkinght wiped out most of the Tankbustas and Imperial knight took out 3 trukks and a number of boys in the resulting explosions. Not a bad turn for the Grey Knights, but I did grab a number of objectives.

Turn 3:
Flyers arrive and take out the Imperial knight and a terminator squad. My boss squad had to turn around and take out the terminators behind my lines, more shoots and a couple of ineffectual charges against the Dreadknight, but was able to tar pit 1 dreadknight. Grey knights still had their HQ unit to arrive, but most was in play.

Turn 4:
My flyers split up and started hunting their own targets and proceeded to take out another squad of terminators and a dreadknight. Lobbas took out anther few more Grey knights, the boys from the Trukks proceeded to charge Dreadknights and terminators with poor success, but holding them in combat at least. The Grey knights HQ unit arrives and took out my Wing leader thanks to a sky fire objective and his remaining forces carved some more boys up. The score was about 8-4 to the Orks so turn 5 was going to be important.

Turn 5:
More objective grabbing by the Orks, gained more points from successful charges, the Wazboom took out some more of the GK HQ unit (they have been incredibly effective against this army! S8 AP2 is very strong) and 15 shootas boys proceeded to unload all their shots and charge the GK HQ unit for zero woulds and all dying in combat, good work shoota boys! However I was starting to pull away on points, the Grey knights needed a big turn to catch up. Last dread night did some damage to more boys units, but wasn't enough to pull off the win.

End of the match Orks win 12 - 8

Final Review:
Looking back on the match the stand out units for me were the Flyers, Lobbas and Lootas. The boys units are far to fragile and only work well against other fragile units, the Grey knights were all to resilient for one-of charges, but if i could have kept them in a group of 3 then they could have been more effective, the boys generally were used for objective grabbing and as a tarpit for the dreadknights. I got lucky regarding the deep-strike mishaps and some good objective cards, I could easy capture the required objectives so was constantly accumulating points. Here are a couple of pictures from the game

Offline KiwiWarboss

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 04:30:51 PM »
A couple more pictures from the match: