Author Topic: Assuming a new release... what changes should they do to sob?  (Read 2590 times)

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
Assuming a new release... what changes should they do to sob?
« on: September 23, 2016, 01:45:58 AM »
No... no start the clock... see bols article

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/09/why-sisters-of-battle-is-going-to-get-updated.html

So my question is if they did redo the codex, do the models on plastic etc and redid the rules. What would you like to see change?

For me.
1. Pentenent engines in the elite slot
2. Canoness with jumpack
3. Even if faiths were once per game then dont make it that if you fail a faith check you cant cast it for the rest of the game.
4. On that make it once per turn instead
5. Give sisters access to something to make repentia get into combat. Landraider... assault ramp...dont care... something! Make them cheaper even.

6. Grav cannons and ...

7. Biker babes! T4 twin linked bolters with some form of melta.

What say you?

Online hillshire

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Assuming a new release... what changes should they do to sob?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 03:19:43 PM »
"5. Give sisters access to something to make repentia get into combat. Landraider... assault ramp...dont care... something! Make them cheaper even"

This. Sisters of Battle have access to some strong and interesting assault units but don't have any delivery method. I'm thinking their assault vehicle should be fast, pretty durable (AV13?), and reasonable pts cost (130-150?).

Offline MattyIce

• Battle Brother
  • 🖕🧀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 07:09:29 PM »
Standard preferred enemy against psykers across the entire army

All flamers are twin linked
  • Inq 🔴 GK🔴 Scion🔴 Astartes
🖕🧀

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 08:26:12 PM »
I think there should be a way for sister to get access to Crusader and fleet.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 07:24:06 AM »
Priests with jump packs and hand flamers as an option for all of my sergeants would be pretty neat.

Offline Alfalpharius

• Initiate
  • Adeptus Doritos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 08:29:06 AM »
Way back when Sisters of Battle were getting a new codex, I remember the way they were 'advertised' to me by the guy at the FLGS.  He had been under the impression that SOB would be an 'in-between' of Guard and Astartes, taking a bit of both in terms of combat capabilities. 

I think it would be good to do exactly that, and let them have access to quite a few Guard and Astartes vehicles. 

Maybe give them more than one type of infantry- a heavy armor infantry would be pretty awesome. 

And for the Emperor's sake, don't let them have man-faces.

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 11:16:46 AM »
I agree id really like to see some combat sisters of some type, enhanced. Something like centurions would be awesome... DONT think that is going to happen. But id settle for something more then plain sisters as the only troops choice and I think  Biker babes should be up there. That gives mobility, toughness, mobile melta ect.

I still think sisters need to be a couple of points cheaper across the board and get penitent engines into the elite slot as well.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 09:00:43 PM »
I think penitent engines should be treated more like a T6 monstrous creature instead of a dreadnought. That's how I'd adjust those. Points wise I think sisters don't need a points discount, they're already stupid cheap. Maybe give em access to Valkyries as fliers. Give em a decurion that grants a +1 to their shield of faith. Give them more access to heavy weapons that aren't just multimelta and heavy flamer.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 06:35:27 AM »
I liked that comment Harry. Decurion detachments would be interesting wouldnt they. Give a +1 Inv save for the Decurion would be super nice.

I wonder what shape they could come in.

Once might be a Sisterhood that must take all units perhaps?

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2016, 07:13:20 PM »
My guess? 1 canoness, 3+ troops choices, 1+ fast choice, 1+ heavy support. Keeping penitent engines heavy would allow for them to be taken as an alternative to the heavy weapons sisters if you wanted something with more of an assault punch. I could see allowing for auxiliary choices and command choices like an eclisiarchal warband, Uriah Jacobs, multiple squadrons of pipe organ tanks that add suppression and maybe AA capability.