Author Topic: Relative new  (Read 905 times)

Offline Bollwear98

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Relative new
« on: October 02, 2016, 11:49:51 AM »
Hey Guys, so i went to my local GW and brought this ASTRA MILITARUM CADIAN DEFENCE FORCE, two more Regular Guardsmen and the Codex. I build up the heavy Weapon Teams with the Autocans and the Leman Russ as a Vanquisher.  I want to use them as a Shield for my Space Marines and to hold Objetives with manyyyyy Bodies  ;)   Do you think it will work and do you got any Advise for me? As far i didnīt really play another Faction besides Space Marines (Imperial Fist Tactics). I know they die probably much easier. Hope you got something to tell me more about these Meat shield. Till then ;) For the Empire!!!!

Offline majordamage

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Relative new
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 06:53:48 AM »
Try and find a way of making your meatshield harder to move. I suggest attaching a priest or a commissar to help with their moral. Also, more bodies is always a good call and don't bother with too many upgrades. Just be careful where you point that battle cannon though haha!
  • Space Marines: around 4000, Tau 1500

Offline Private Shadderz

• Initiate
  • -Private Shadderz
    • View Profile
    • Shadderz Blogger
Re: Relative new
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 10:53:57 AM »
I would second this advice as guardsmen's morale is mediocre at best, so liable to sweeping advances and the like.
If you can find 25 points space, a commissar ironically really boosts the survivability of blobs of guardsmen, and still allows you to go to ground, making them even more effective meatshields and tarpits.
Priests are slightly more resilient with a 4+ invul, and can help out in assault if you roll well for war hymns, however they do take away your ability to go to ground.
  • Astra Militarum, Eldar
-Private Shadderz