Author Topic: GW's made to order service  (Read 3150 times)

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
GW's made to order service
« on: October 06, 2016, 09:26:54 PM »
If you guys haven't heard yet, on the 15th GW Is unveiling a service that allows you to buy out of production models. I'm most sure how far back they want to go with this but I imagine those of you that are interested in the older sculpts can take advantage.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: GW's made to order service
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 11:00:09 PM »
I have not heard of this.  As a Tyranid player, I'm friggin hyped for it.  Nids had an update for 2nd, 3rd and 4th Edition that changed a LOT of the models and since I'm a 3rd Edition player with about 90% of my models from that age, the new stuff sticks out pretty bad.  I really hope they go that far back because that entire line looked amazing.  Ripe for converting too.

Oh, and the old Dark Eldar Jetbikes.  I love those too.  They make awesome bikes for Corsairs since the gun is so easy to swap out.  I could use another 20 of those.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 12:16:17 AM »
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Alfalpharius

• Initiate
  • Adeptus Doritos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 02:08:42 AM »
Well, to be honest I'd be more interested in getting my hands on this strapped/holstered bolter (not pistol) that was on a model for a while.

Offline weboflies

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Keepers of the Relics of Ultramar
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 03:20:17 AM »
This is dangerous, I'm already wishlisting.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 10:01:53 PM »
Update: the made to order list was leaked. It's small but promising. So far the list includes old metal Astra Militarum figures from the regiments that have long since lost any kind of support ie mordians, Tallarn, and sly marbo for some reason. I'm guessing they're treating it as a sort of pilot program to see what market demand looks like before they roll out with old sculpts of WHFB figures that have long since been out of print, which I predict is when it will REALLY take off.

Offline weboflies

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Keepers of the Relics of Ultramar
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 01:31:09 AM »
Do you have a link?

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 01:48:47 AM »
I also don't have a link, but Kasrkin models are on the list.  That's a big bonus in my book since I only recently started looking seriously at Guard models in both Genestealers and an Ordo Xenos pet project I have had on the back burner for ages.  Kasrkin were long since phased out by then but I always liked them more than Militarum Tenpestus.  They'll be getting a handful of orders from me for them, that's for sure.

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 09:36:55 AM »
Interesting and good news.

I wonder why GW is doing it?

I'd love to get a hold of the old IG storm trooper models with the hotshot, plasma, and melta guns to add to my Inquisitorial force.

I only have enough for two small squads right now, and they have been hard to track down on ebay and the like.

These dudes:
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 04:18:20 PM »
Finally got a picture of the list for those that need it.