Author Topic: Non force origination Meks  (Read 485 times)

Offline Lakey Wargames

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Lakey Wargames Youtube Page
Non force origination Meks
« on: October 27, 2016, 04:49:27 PM »
Whats'up my fellow Warbosses! (Sorry for the bore question today which everyone else will most likely know the answer to) :P 

I've recently started using my Stompa in games and have decided to be that guy by putting the small Meks inside it and using a VSG to keep the Stompa up and running for aslong as possible. In my list I currently run 4 HQ choices (2 Warbosses 1 painboy and 1 Big mek) Now the ruling on the non force origination Meks is that you can take one for every other HQ  that isn't another Mek.

Would you say this just counts as the other little 15pt Meks in the army or do you include Big Meks as "Other Meks"?  I.E with my HQs of (2 Warbosses 1 painboy and 1 Big mek) would you allow me to take 4 smaller Meks or only 3? I'd see it as I'm allowed 4 but I can see where I could be wrong.

How do you guys play this rule? I had a look at GWs FAQ but it only had 3 questions on it none to do with this topic either. :(
Please checkout Lakey Wargames over on Youtube for all kinds of tutorials, discussions, lets builds and more! :)

Lakey Wargames Youtube:
 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgqSruhp2yl2gyqhiTuSrEA

DeffBossGitKrusha

Re: Non force origination Meks
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 09:03:45 AM »
You've almost got it but your a little sideways on it.
The 4 slotted HQ's let you take the non slotted lil' Meks.  Doesn't matter what kind of slotted HQ it is. the codex is just saying buying a Slotted HQ lets you get the non slotted Mek but buying a nonslotted Mek doesn't let you buy yet another one.
Hope that clears it up for you.
Don't forget your burna boys ! that's 3 "free" Meks in a 5 pack if you want!

Offline Lakey Wargames

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 01:52:10 PM »
That's well said and that is most certainly a much better way to word it!! :)

That's the way I interpreted it. I just know of some people who say because the wording says "Not including other Meks" they see a Big Mek as another "Mek" and thus stopping you from taking the little Meks because the only difference is the word Big.   
Please checkout Lakey Wargames over on Youtube for all kinds of tutorials, discussions, lets builds and more! :)

Lakey Wargames Youtube:

DeffBossGitKrusha

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 02:49:05 PM »
Glad I was able to help!

Offline Lakey Wargames

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 04:03:09 PM »
Thanks to that being cleared up it means I can now have 8 repair rolls a turn in my 1850 list on a Stompa!  ;D 8)

Big Mek Buzzgob, 4 little Meks and 3 Meks from a burna unit. :)

Lakey Wargames Youtube: