Author Topic: Chaos Boon Table and Traitorís Hate  (Read 753 times)

Offline Cultist

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Chaos Boon Table and Traitorís Hate
« on: November 27, 2016, 04:45:15 PM »
With the boon table gaining prominence with the black crusade detachment and chaos warband, I would like to hear how people are trying to get the most out of it.

Are you trying to build strength to a powerful HQ or are you rolling for Aspiring Champs in the hopes they become powerful?

I tried to organize the outcomes into general concepts to get a better grasp on what you are getting out of it. In a practical sense ďnothingĒ is going to come up more as rolling the same thing twice gives you nothing as does gaining things like hatred when you already have it.

30.56%...Melee
22.22%...Durability
16.67%...Nothing
5.56%....Anti-Psychic
5.56%....Daemonhood
5.56%....Mobility
5.56%....Shooting
5.56%....Spawnhood
2.78%....More Rolls

Not sure how many people are interested in this so im just editing my post instead of bumping with a new one.

Letís say you are trying to turn a havoc squads aspiring champion into a daemon. We are assuming the havocs are in a warband within the Black Crusade Detachment so we get two rolls a turn on the table with the ability to ignore one outcome if we choose.

If you plan on rolling for the first 4 turns of the game you should have about a 37% chance of getting a daemon out of it. This doesnít include the chances of rolling two spawnhoods on the same turn and destroying his chance to become prince. My brain just canít handle another factor in the equation.

You wouldnít want to build a list around this, but 37% to have a daemon prince by the start of your turn 4 is not a bad thing.

You are getting two chances a turn, and not rolling all 8 tries at once, so your odds will change throughout the game. Going out to turn 4 (as later turns might not be relevant to the gameís outcome) missing your first turn rolls takes your chances down to 29%. Missing your second turn rolls gives you a 20% to hit it on turn 3 and 4. Lastly missing your turn 3 rolls gives you a 11% chance to get a prince on your turn 4 roll.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 01:01:09 PM by Cultist »

Offline SidjostromPrimarch DCLXVI

• Battle Brother
  • Preaching Word of The Dark Gods since 007 M31.
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Boon Table and Traitorís Hate
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 06:11:00 AM »
Most likely the boons would be going into my warlord/ beefy chaos lord or named character. I think in most instances I'd rather not have a daemon prince as it can't score and doesn't come with wings. Interesting though to see.
  • Chaos Space Marines, Grey Knights, Officio Assassinorum

Offline Cruxis

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Boon Table and Traitorís Hate
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 06:25:48 AM »
With the boon table gaining prominence with the black crusade detachment and chaos warband, I would like to hear how people are trying to get the most out of it.

Are you trying to build strength to a powerful HQ or are you rolling for Aspiring Champs in the hopes they become powerful?

I tried to organize the outcomes into general concepts to get a better grasp on what you are getting out of it. In a practical sense ďnothingĒ is going to come up more as rolling the same thing twice gives you nothing as does gaining things like hatred when you already have it.

30.56%...Melee
22.22%...Durability
16.67%...Nothing
5.56%....Anti-Psychic
5.56%....Daemonhood
5.56%....Mobility
5.56%....Shooting
5.56%....Spawnhood
2.78%....More Rolls

Not sure how many people are interested in this so im just editing my post instead of bumping with a new one.

Letís say you are trying to turn a havoc squads aspiring champion into a daemon. We are assuming the havocs are in a warband within the Black Crusade Detachment so we get two rolls a turn on the table with the ability to ignore one outcome if we choose.

If you plan on rolling for the first 4 turns of the game you should have about a 37% chance of getting a daemon out of it. This doesnít include the chances of rolling two spawnhoods on the same turn and destroying his chance to become prince. My brain just canít handle another factor in the equation.

You wouldnít want to build a list around this, but 37% to have a daemon prince by the start of your turn 4 is not a bad thing.

You are getting two chances a turn, and not rolling all 8 tries at once, so your odds will change throughout the game. Going out to turn 4 (as later turns might not be relevant to the gameís outcome) missing your first turn rolls takes your chances down to 29%. Missing your second turn rolls gives you a 20% to hit it on turn 3 and 4. Lastly missing your turn 3 rolls gives you a 11% chance to get a prince on your turn 4 roll.

You think like a poker player and I like that, playing the odds.

I'm gonna spend some time working through this, there might be some merit for my upcoming army.

Nice post.
  • Chaos Space Marines
Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten...