Author Topic: Fortress of Redemption: Worth it?  (Read 637 times)

Offline DA101

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Fortress of Redemption: Worth it?
« on: November 28, 2016, 10:41:30 PM »
I am currently building a Dark Angels army and have been discussing getting the Fortress of Redemption. I was turned on to it because of it's durability and overall flat out awesomeness.

I have seen that it has limited fire points, which DOES NOT include the very top, which I was planning on having a Sniper squad perched there.

I know the Lascannon and Missiles are awesome, and I would LOVE to use this thing for 1250 and up.

Also, is it too cheesy to use? I don't want to be TFG but at the same time its so freakin awesome I kinda don't care.

Any input would be great thanks.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 12:05:53 PM by DA101 »
  • Dark Angels

Offline Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
  • A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of Redemption: Worth it?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 06:26:36 PM »
 personally could not offer up too much advice on this piece of teran but good god I am right there with you it just fits so perfectly with a DA army looks wise.

My idea though is park some scouts and lascannon devs with a Darkshroud nearby for a 2+ cover save on them. While also having an assassin or Asmodai man the missile silo or cannon on it.
  • Dark Angels

Offline DA101

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 07:05:54 PM »
Yea it looks nice but from what i've been reading it's not really worth it... It's more for fluff than anything, which is still sweet.

I know bringing fortifications is a touchy subject, especially to tourneys, but i plan on being a really casual player so i don't think the people at the store would mind if i brought one.

Having said that i'm really debating whether or not to get an imperial bastion.. Its cheap and works well with my play style/list.

Thanks for getting back to me, have fun!
  • Dark Angels

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 10:19:14 PM »
My shop has a Fortress and one other player has another and neither see play outside of 10k+ Apocalypse games.  They're nice centerpieces but they are HARD to play around.  If you want it as a terrain piece, sure, go for it.  There's not many normal games that can even play around it.  Large bases like Tyranids, Daemons, Knights of all types, they all struggle on the terrain.  It's got a lot sharp bits that will take damage if you set the model on top.