Author Topic: Color Scheme Ideas?  (Read 968 times)

Offline CaptainAlihi

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Color Scheme Ideas?
« on: December 15, 2016, 08:27:08 PM »
Recently bought my first few Skitarii models in the start-collecting box. I thought I had a color scheme figured out, then realized it didn't make sense. I'd like to make use of black and orange, but feel an obligation to include at least a little red for lore reasons. After a day of deliberation, I'm thinking of giving my tin-men black robes with orange lining, but I'm not sure if the armor plates should be the standard silver-and-brass, black-and-silver, or straight red like Stygies VIII. Alternatively, red lining on the robes, orange armor plates, but that seems particularly tacky. I also originally wanted some dark grey in the mix but I don't think there's any room for it now.

Any thoughts, or advice from someone who's already come up with their own scheme?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 10:08:33 PM by CaptainAlihi »

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
Re: Color Scheme Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 03:33:47 PM »
Have a look at Ryza, they're a orange colour scheme with no red. I'd go with a light silver armour to offset the dark robes
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Offline CaptainAlihi

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 10:39:54 PM »
Have a look at Ryza, they're a orange colour scheme with no red. I'd go with a light silver armour to offset the dark robes
Actually, Ryza does use some red, like in the interior of their robes. But I have been looking at them for guidance.

Offline darnath

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 08:27:59 PM »
I kind of follow the standard red robes, but used Khorn red rather than the brother red that you see. Then I used orange for the purity seals. Here's a picture. Not a whole lot of orange but it works well.

Offline snarkninja

• Initiate
  • Without the past we cannot go into the future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 08:01:43 PM »
My color scheme is purple robes with bronze armor. Mixed with some metal in spots. works out really well.