Author Topic: 1000 Point Tempestus List  (Read 300 times)

Online Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
  • A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    • View Profile
1000 Point Tempestus List
« on: December 20, 2016, 08:01:30 PM »
Hello everyone so I have been really craving to try and put this list together but have not had the money as I want to finish my Dark Angels before I go and undertake this project. Also I want your input on the list before I build it.

Ground Assault Formation:

Commissar: 25

Command Squad: 85
4 xmelta guns: 40

3x (10 man) Scion Squads: 390
2x flamers: 10
2x metla guns: 20
2x plasma guns: 30
3x bolt pistols: free

4x Taurox Primes: 240
4x twinlinked gatling cannons: 40
4x hotshot volley guns: free
4x camo netting: 75
4x fire barrels: 40
4x recovery gear: 20

So the idea is to have the commissar run with the command squad because he needs to be in a Taurox. Then the command squad runs around murdering things on objectives that the normal scions could not get because you know 4 twinlinked metla guns will scare a lot of stuff. Then have the scions kill their respective units, the flamers kill hordes, the melta kill vehicle and heavy infantry, and the plasma kill medium armor and heavy infantry. Alternatively though I could have the scions stay close to the command squad and get orders off of them such as sniper on the hot shot lasguns, seeing as how they already have twinlinked and pinning, or maybe rending. After all there are a lot of hot shot lasguns on the board with the 10 man scion squads. Then have the Taurox mop up and help support the scions in their duties and murder Marines, as I am in a marine heavy meta where I am which is partly why I did not give them the auto cannons or battle cannon. Also the reason I put fire barrels on them is because in most of the games I get to use my scions the Tauroxs normally get charged.

The only thing I am worried about is I am putting too many points into the Tauroxs. So please I welcome any  criticism for the list or my tactics.
  • Dark Angels

Offline majordamage

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: 1000 Point Tempestus List
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 06:16:22 AM »
I just overall don't like tauroxes. I would say that you are putting too much in to them by buying them in the first place. Although camo netting seems like a good call.

Have you considered going aerial instead? Put those guys in valkyries! 
  • Space Marines: around 4000, Tau 1500

Online Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
  • A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 06:29:42 PM »
Valkyries are good yes but they have to start off the board while this is on the board turn 1. Not to mention if I replaced the all the Tauroxs with Valkyries then I would have an Airborne Assault formation instead of a Ground Assault Formation. In which everyone must start in a Valkyrie which start off the board because they are flyers thus I would lose turn 1 because I have nothing on the board.
  • Dark Angels

Offline majordamage

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 06:20:31 AM »
OOPS! you are totally right I forgot about that!
  • Space Marines: around 4000, Tau 1500