Author Topic: Hosting Apoc  (Read 417 times)

Offline TxLrrp

• Battle Brother
  • Baals Out! Balls Deep! Baals, Baals, Baals!
    • View Profile
Hosting Apoc
« on: December 27, 2016, 08:41:03 AM »
Howdy folks,

I have played in a few Apoc games and will be hosting my first 3 table 42k point game January 8th. I have developed some house rules and was interested in getting peoples best and worst Apoc experience so I can avoid the pitfalls and accentuate the fun parts of the game.

House Rules

In order to add an additional dimension to game play and break up some of the traditional strategies, promote teamwork, and planning I am advancing the following house rules.

1.   Objectives: Strategic and Zone
i.   Objectives will be pre-classified as a 1, 2, or 3 point objective. Objectives are scored at the end of the game turn, not player turn. All Objectives will be placed and identified by type and point value and may be reviewed upon your team’s Warzone Recon Saturday January 7th.  Planning your dominion around these objectives early on can make or break your team’s efforts.
ii.   Sudden Death! The point values for all objectives double on turn 5.
b.   Strategic Objectives [1 or 2pts] will be played as described in the BRB using the ‘sphere’ method of measurement.
i.   All Strategic Objectives will have a unique Mysterious Objective attribute which will be revealed upon securing the objective.
1.   I will issue data-slates for each S.O. as it is discovered. Most S.O. will have 2 attributes. The first is the overt characteristic which the discovering player will announce upon receiving the data-slate. The second will be the covert attribute which will only divulged upon its use or another team controls or contests the objective.
c.   Objective Secured– For the purposes of this event Infantry, Jetpack Infantry, and Jump Infantry will be the only units with Objective Secured. Formations that expand Ob-Sec to other units will not be recognized for this game.
i.   Ob-Sec will only be relevant for Strategic Objectives.
d.   Zone Objectives [3pts] will typically be terrain pieces and are controlled by the team with the most amount of points of models on, or partially on, the piece or its base [this includes models on the terrain or base not units, i.e. 10 man cultist squad that has 2 models on the terrain only get to use those 2 models worth of pts for the purposes of determining who controls the zone objective.]
i.   Zone Objectives are unique in that objective secured has no impact on determining the controlling team. Furthermore, Zone Objectives cannot be contested. The player with the most points on the objective is considered to control the objective.
2.   Faction Missions that are successful are worth 3 individual points adding to the overall score or available victory points available to be used for Strategic Assets.
3.   Secret Missions are worth 2 individual points adding to the overall score or available victory points available to be used for Strategic Assets. Secret Missions are just that and may be contradictory to other Secret or Faction Missions so play accordingly.
4.   Scoring & Victory Conditions
a.   Strategic Assets may be purchased by your Warmaster using Victory Points beginning at the top of turn 2. Any Victory Points spent in this manner should be carefully considered as, while you gain a benefit, you are also intentionally lowering your score.
b.   Victory Point totals upon conclusion of the game will designate the winner. Please remember the game is not variable length and turn 5 is Sudden Death with objective values doubled. 
c.   Pre-Event Points
i.   Commit to War: Post to the SoV5 Event page your intent to commit to the event on or before December 22nd to score 1pt.
ii.   General’s Orders: Break out your creative writing hat and treat the rest of us to your commander’s narrative for this campaign, 1pt. Post to FB SoV5 by December 26th.
iii.   HQ/Warlord/Lord of War Picture: Post a picture to the event page not later than December 29th for 1pt, the best staged or produced will be awarded an extra pt for creativity.
iv.   Lists Submitted: Any format is fine so long as it includes points for units and is submitted to me not later than January 3rd. You can use FB messenger or e-mail, johnwyeager4@yahoo.com, 1pt.
v.   Army Picture: Post a picture to the event page not later than January 5th for 1pt, the best staged or produced will be awarded an extra pt for creativity.
vi.   Be Ready: Easiest individual points, simply be at Jaeger’s Hall of Glory [aka. Casa de Yeager] by 8:59am on January 8th.
vii.   Recon Warzone: The battle zone will be set by late Friday and available for review anytime on Saturday January 7th. Since objectives will be placed and deployment zones marked it will be a huge advantage to have someone or perhaps more than one come take some shots of the tables to plan out your onslaught. Objective point values and Zone objectives will not change so the saying “The battle is won before it’s fought” is sage advice here.

• Blood Angels & Necrons