Author Topic: TYRANID COLOUR SCHEME!!  (Read 725 times)

Offline Cenz

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
TYRANID COLOUR SCHEME!!
« on: January 03, 2017, 10:08:16 AM »
So i HATE painting tyranids... i know i should keep practising and get better but i just cannot make them look good, and so i am sending them off to get painted elsewhere and so i can change my colour scheme, in turn also means i can change fluff to my hive, so what are some good suggestion for colour schemes and can you justify your suggestions with fluff? (if not i don't mind) for example the classic shiny blacks and bright florescent greens for fleshy areas based on alien, or yellow blacks and reds for starship troopers bugs. (by the way i really like these two ideas) 

pictures would be good just so i understand suggestions,

Thanks for any help,
  • Orks, Khorne Deamonkin, Chaos space marines (Khorne and Nurgle) Tyranids, Necrons and Space Marines aswell as some Age of Sigmar

Offline goat99

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: TYRANID COLOUR SCHEME!!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 05:06:29 AM »
I personally based my scheme on the philosophy of my tyranid army. I use a bright reddish-orange for the skin to represent their extremely aggressive nature. I contrast the "killer instinct" of my Tyranids with the cold, unwavering, calculating intelligence of the hive mind by painting their carapaces purple-dark blue-turquoise. I also add some bright white stripes on the armor to accentuate the "alien" feel. Also, yellow glowing eyes. Nuthin beats dem eyes. :o
Tl;Dr colors with contrast makes bugs look cool (imho) :P

Offline Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 02:37:02 PM »
Great but hard is that Tyranids can be any color...

Does the hive mind adapt the colors to blend in with the planet- green, black, or red.

Does it go with bright colors to scare and terrify the opposition?

Does it go with more neutral colors.

Could even have different Tyranid bio-organisms of different colors in the same army.

For my Tyranids I have a green and yellow color and a purple and yellow color.

For the purple bugs they are not painted at all- literally.

I primed them white and used GW washes to color them- sepia for the base, yellow wash for the fangs, teeth, etc. purple for the armor plates, and red wash for the eyes.

Online MiniTV

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 03:50:46 PM »
I plan on painting my Tryanids after the zerg from Heart of the Swarm, purple carapaces with brown flesh.