Author Topic: What kill team do you play?  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Ragimund

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
What kill team do you play?
« on: January 04, 2017, 05:26:39 PM »
Fritz's last kill team video got me really exited. There are some great kill team examples in the comments.

My favorite team consists of 20 dark eldar kabalite warriors with blaster, splinter cannon and sybarite.
They won a lot of close pitched battles through close combat, even without grenades ;).

Whats your favorite list? Or your most outlandish team? Or are you still in planning-phase?

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
Re: What kill team do you play?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 08:04:45 PM »
Right now just my Chaos Khorne renegades kill team.

An Impeeial Guard kill team is in the works so I have two to play.

Would love to do a Tyranid KT but unsure where to start.
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline Kvekan

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 06:47:32 AM »
I'm a blood angels player primarily but I haven't really found any setup there that I like. A tac squad just doesn't offer me the variety I'd like. I feel like I'd have to convert more to make them feel more aesthetically pleasing to play alone. And while I like the look of a unit of sanguinary guards, 2+ ain't allowed. So I'm a bit on the fence there.

There are also some strange kill team quirks which I hope they'll iron out, like any marine within 8" of an enemy having a s6 ap4 attack due to krak. Last time I tried kill team I played against orks with a unit of death company with jump packs, and my krak grenades did all the work.

What I'm planning for now is a night lords side project so I've decided to start with a converted kill team of chaos chosen. It'll probably not be too efficient but I hope it'll look scary and make for a good narrative. Also I like the dark blue and white.
"For those we cherish, we die in glory" ...And we die a lot.

Offline Ragimund

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 06:18:30 PM »
Aren't krak grenades only permited to use againt MCs and vehicles?

Doesn't seem unbalanced to me.

Still, spamming grenades can be a lot of fun and a decent counter to lists with higher body counts ;).

Offline Kvekan

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 01:37:59 AM »
Each unit can throw one grenade in the shooting phase. Krak grenades are S6 AP4 range 8 so they're quite strong. And with each model counting as a unit of it own it ends up in a strange place.
"For those we cherish, we die in glory" ...And we die a lot.

Offline leE7_G4M3r

• Battle Brother
  • Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 02:33:06 PM »
I am always experimenting with my army, not to see what does really well, but to see which is the most fun to play. However, I play Orks and I have found out that a lot of boyz hiding behind bikes or bringing a Deff Dread  seems to go in my favor. When there are lots of objectives then Deffkoptas do quite well too.
My personal favorite kill team to take is Da Vulcha Skwad formation in WAAAGH! Ghazghkull: 15 Stormboyz and Boss Zagstrukk.
WAAAGH!