Yes, it will come down to tests, but I think there are some rules/ abilities that are just gorgeous:
1. Forces of Ulthwe: they are Eldar, not Ynari. If you contain 4 units, you can deep strike from turn 1.
- Therefore if you have an Autarch in your army, you will come in on a 2+.
- So therefore most times you will get 3, if not all 4 units on the table deep striking.
- So, you want to go second. They DONT scatter but you cant place models within 9" of any enemy models. BUT, They are Eldar with Battle focus. So, you cant PLACE models within 9". But you should be able to battlefocus run then shoot into the opposition. That means:
a) At least 2 flamers or melta guns
b) it means you can spread out after deep strike, hopefully into 4+ ruins cover.
c) If they are guardian units you are allowed to add a heavy weapon platform
d) THE BEST THING - your allowed upto 20 in a unit for 11pts each. 80 - yes 80 guardians with 160 rending shots within 9" of the opposition? YES PLEASE!
- Can you imagine trying to get rid of 4 squads of 10 (32 shuriken catapults = 64 shots) rending AP2 shuriken weapons and 8 melta guns sitting within 9" of your force in 4+ ruins? How much do you have to commit to deal with that sort of force. The main army I think about here - Is Tau. Getting rid or riptides or markerlight units that will make you feel pain later on.
2)Yvraine - you must put her into a unit. She has a 4+ inv save with 3 wounds. The Visarchs willbe str 5 AP 2 however so he can really hurt a unit in hand to hand with his I7. But the GEM is the YNCARNE. Id buy all 3 just for him. I10, can jump onto the field if a unit dies.
- That can be from either side. so lets see. You turbo boost a Windrider unit into his forces 48" turn 1 (perhaps next to the 4 guardian squards you just deep struck in), but close to 4+ ruins save. The opponent destroys in in his turn. You might even give up first blood.
- But now you have a W5, I10 S6 armourbane, fleshbane, soulblaze, WS 9 MC in his face, with 3 psychic levels and a 5+ feel no pain. If you include the guardian squads, he now has "how many units to deal with?". On top of that, They are all fearless. And your not allowed to charge in the turn he appears.. opps sorry, since he appeared in your opponents turn you are free to act no it is your turn.
This isnt even going into other formations and the soulburst actions they can receive.