Author Topic: WOW... the new Gathering storm book  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Kvekan

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: WOW... the new Gathering storm book
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 04:43:44 AM »
After seeing Tabletop tactics video of his scat bike + reaver army ynnari list against a rather powerful Tau army I can only say that this is even more broken than I first imagined. He himself said that if he was a TO he would probably not allow the ynnari faction at the end of the video.

Absolutely crazy stuff. I have no idea what GW were thinking when they designed this. Imagine playing chess where your opponent got to do twice the amount of moves...
"For those we cherish, we die in glory" ...And we die a lot.

Online Ironclad13

• Battle Brother
  • Iron Within, Kill Main Burn! Ahem... Iron Without.
    • View Profile
Re: WOW... the new Gathering storm book
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 09:15:43 AM »
Yeah, not only does soulburst completely break the flow of the game - sure, have an extra round of shooting every turn with all your D weapons - but in all honesty, I really don't like the fluff either. So much classic background gets wrecked with little to no introduction or explanation of the forces involved. And the book seemed barely about Biel Tan.

Personally I'm inclined to build a craftworld warhost around those who remained on the craftworld after the Ynnari wrecked everything.  Have them go nuts on the path of the warrior and demand vengeance against the blaspheming usurpers.  Seems what real Biel Tan would do. It's not like Kaela Mensha Khaine has a history of going mad with rage and murdering his own kin or anything...

Anyone for a religious Eldar civil war?
  • Chaos Space Marines, Astra Militarum, Eldar, Space Marines
Some are born great, others achieve greatness.  Some...

Some are still throwing spears at the buses.