Author Topic: Best combi?  (Read 385 times)

Offline Covenantkilla

• Battle Brother
  • "The dark path leads only to an empty wallet"
    • View Profile
Best combi?
« on: February 12, 2017, 08:54:34 PM »
So I just recently started studying the art of duplicating pieces, and I now have a few extra combi-weapons at my disposal. This has opened a new door for me tactically (since I prefer wysiwyg). My question is simple. What is the best combi-weapon? How do I best utilize combi-weapons? What has worked for you? Thanks!
  • Ultramarines, Red Corsairs, Dark Angels

Offline Yoosh24

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Best combi?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 12:13:13 AM »
I don't personally think their is a 'best' combo weapon overall as some things work best against specific armies. Set against other armies like bringing a flamer against orks or a melta against IG is best if you can tailor your list. Let say if you don't know what you are being put against and can't tailor your weapons to it I'd personally say the combi-melta. It's my go to because having such a powerful hitter can help if your encounter something bigger than expected like a vehicle, terminators or anything like that. Time and time again I'd find myself stuck up the battlefield with my chaos space marine squad and I'd be pinned down with vehicles pushing forward. Those moments nothing else helps any better.
  • Word Bearers, Chaos Daemons

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 05:04:14 AM »
The best Combi is the one that matches your squad.  If your unit has Meltaguns, you're not going to put a CombiGrav in there.  If they have Plasma Guns, a CombiMelta would be dumb.  On Meltacide Terminators, you're not going to take Flamers.  Every gun is situational so you take the option that fits with the unit's role.

Offline strawberry fist

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 04:18:50 AM »
I'd advise using the combo weapon that matches the special weapon in the squad but personally I never have any points left over to take one :(
  • Imperial Fists + Space Wolves + Thousand Sons