Author Topic: Forgeworld LoW/Heavy Support. Worth it?  (Read 295 times)

Offline Yoosh24

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Forgeworld LoW/Heavy Support. Worth it?
« on: February 12, 2017, 11:22:28 PM »
I've been wandering about some Forgeworld models for while. I've had a look at them all and honestly I like them all in terms of aesthetics and stat wise they look pretty good. Since my mate that I play quite often; who plays an imperial guard army, recently got a knight I've been looking to add more punch to my word bearers army. I'm not looking for anything to directly combat the knight I'm just looking but just what you'd recommend overall whether it's against armour or infantry; as my two other friends I often play have an ork and a tyranid army. I would say that armour is more of a focus as I can usually deal with infantry rather well.

My thoughts jump to knight but is there anything better? And if the knight is the best option what weapons should I take?

Thanks for the input, Yoosh.

Offline SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Forgeworld LoW/Heavy Support. Worth it?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 06:59:51 AM »
I will always recommend a Sicaran no matter the occasion.  It is by far my favorite addition Forge World has for an army and gives high mobility units, that are almost a necessity in any army, some much needed support with Autocannons and some either Heavy Bolters or Lascannons.

Most of the FW stuff for CSM is pretty meh, but looks amazing.  The only exceptions out of IA13 in my opinion are the Sonic Dreadnought, Ferrum Infernus to replace the dumb Helbrute, Hell Talon and Blight Drones and a couple models that aren't too different than their loyalist counterparts like the Fire Raptor and of course the Sicaran.  And none of them are going to really help against armor.

The Knights do some work but I've never been wholly impressed by them for Chaos.  The Loyalists have some cool ones, but the recently released GW and the slightly older FW Chaos Knights are pretty meh.  So many points for less damage than the equivalent amount of Obliterators other than the D Assault.  Because of how meh I've been with them, I haven't done enough testing on Knights in general to say for sure which Chaos set up is the best.