Author Topic: Neb's thread of conversions, kit-bashes, and scratch built models.  (Read 460 times)

Offline Nebula_Wolf

• Neophyte
  • New to the hobby, lurking for info and such.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Greetings honorable Battle Brothers!

I'm in the process of building an apocalypse-capable Black Templars Army. I figured I'd make this thread to share some of my creations and conversions while I build the army.
I do intent to update this as my army grows and I have new projects.

Current projects:
-Thunderhawk Gunship (scratch-build)
-Dark Vengeance Terminators, converted to Black Templars with shoulder emblems, and much of the Dark Angels icons removed.
-Touching up a dreadnought (His banner fell off the other weekend at a game :( )

Heavy Bolters and Lascannons are in the mail for the thunderhawk, as is more plastic. It's far from the best looking thunderhawk, but not bad for scratch. The door opens and the wings slide out for easier transport. I'll prime it in grey and give it a chaos black spray. The pain throw on the front was a simple test. Still needs the small upper wings, some details on the rear, the guns, and the engines.

Really pleased with how this guy came out.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 11:57:58 AM by Nebula_Wolf »
  • Black Templars
None can stop the Crusade of the Righteous!
✠ No Pity! ✠
✠ No Remorse! ✠
✠ No Fear! ✠

Offline Nebula_Wolf

• Neophyte
  • New to the hobby, lurking for info and such.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Neb's thread of conversions, kit-bashes, and scratch built models.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 10:28:59 PM »
(Mostly) Finished Thunderhawk!
I did get a little lazy with the paint truth be told, but partly because it's not too detailed to begin with.
Features:
Removable Landing Gear
Magnetized front door and cockpit.
Red LED lights on the inside.
Magnetized cannon (I'll eventually get something better than just a piece of PVC.
Comes apart in 2 pieces for easy transport (sorry I don't have a picture right now). The  pole it sits on holds the two pieces together, the wings slide out from the fuselage to make it thinner to fit into a box.

Yes, the current stand is just a dowel put into a block with yes, wine rack peices I used as feet. It's just temporary as I threw it together with wood scraps from the garage as to have it ready for game night on Wednesdays
First saw action in a 4k point game of Templars and Grey Knights vs Daemons and Death Guard.
The laser destructor did not do a whole lot, it rolled about 10 ones throughout the course of the match, including on right on top of Mortarian.  >:(

For my first scratch build model, I'm relatively pleased with it. I intend to build a Warhound class titan next, so that should prove to be interesting.
  • Black Templars
None can stop the Crusade of the Righteous!
✠ No Pity! ✠
✠ No Remorse! ✠
✠ No Fear! ✠