Author Topic: NEW TO ELDAR!  (Read 2135 times)

Offline steam

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
NEW TO ELDAR!
« on: February 15, 2017, 04:42:51 PM »
Hey.
So the new Yncarne made me start eldar. And I want her in my HQ, also want bikers. Bit what after that?

Online Odras

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: NEW TO ELDAR!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 06:16:28 PM »
Welcome! The Yncarne is such a cool model isn't it.

As to what you should get, it depends on what sort of games you want to play. If you are going to be playing tournament games and want to push for the win I would select from this list:
Wraithknights,
Windriders (Jetbikes)
Warp Spiders
Other things you need to make a tournament legal army.

If you are playing friendlier games you can take pretty much anything in the eldar army as they are all pretty good in relation to most things in other codexes. Dark Reapers, Wraithguard in a serpent, Dire Avengers, Crimson Hunters, War Walkers, all varieties of grav tanks + others are all easily strong enough for most friendly games.

On top of that there is the new Ynnari guys too, meaning you can take basically anything from Eldar, Dark Eldar and Harlequins.

Enjoy the new Eldar, you have joined at a good time!

Offline weidekuh

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 02:35:48 AM »
You started Eldar because you liked one model. Why not continue like this. Take what you like, fun is the name of the game. You can't really go wrong with Eldar.

Only taking the strongest units will let you win more often, but you will be starved to find games too. There are basicly no bad units in the Eldar faction. Especially now that you can take assault/open topped vehicles for your units that needed them.

Not saying you shouldn't build the strongest possible army, that's a totally ok thing to do. Just be careful of the consequences. ;)

Offline steam

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 04:19:36 AM »
so now you can mix eldar with dark eldar? And not count them as allies?
 Sry, I was away from the hobby since october xD

Online Bjarki

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 10:20:47 AM »
With the Ynari Reborn Warhost from the second Gathering Storm book you can take banshees for elites and get them a raider from the fast attack section and start them up inside the transport.

I agree with Weidekuh, take the models you like and play with them to get familiar with the faction, you can get the 'cheesy' units later to boost the effectiveness of your force.

Offline steam

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 02:44:08 PM »
is a full biker army any good? The conversions that I have in mind will work good on bikers. So I would go for a biker army with the new avatar and maybe a wraith knight.

Offline LordPathos

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 06:38:47 PM »
is a full biker army any good? The conversions that I have in mind will work good on bikers. So I would go for a biker army with the new avatar and maybe a wraith knight.

Windriders are crazy cheese. Fast, evasive, objective securing, heavy weapon platforms. With the new Soulburst rule where if something dies near them, they get a free out of sequence action. Windriders are so good that even before Gathering Storm part Eldar was a thing, I wanted to make an army of only them, Farseer Skyrunners, and Hornets from Forgeworld. Stupid amounts of shooting.

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 08:07:08 PM »
Only take this if you don't want any friends or you are in a tournament!

The army has so many cheese variations that aren't just in your face, they are suttle/

Offline steam

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 02:48:32 AM »
thank you guys ^^) Then thats what I will do xD

Offline steam

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 04:14:34 AM »
could you guys maybe help me with a 500p full biker list? So that I know what should I buy.

Online Bjarki

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 08:48:32 AM »
I've got 2 lists for you, one pure Craftworld and one Ynnari; both may not be the most optimated list possible but they might be fun to play:

Craftworld: 499/500

Farseer Skyrunner  115
2 units of 6 Windriders with 3 Heavy Weapons (You can change/choose between scatter lasers and shuriken cannons)  132 each
1 unit of 4 Shining Spears with Exarch who's using the starlance  120

Ynnari: 500/500

Farseer Skyrunner with Spear  120
2 units of 6 Windriders with 2 Heavy Weapons ( again, choice between scatter and shuriken)  122 each
1 unit of 6 Reaver Jetbikes with 2 Caltrops and a Champion  136

That are 2 lists that i personally would use at the 500 points mark, you don't need that much anti tank capabilities because you won't see heavy AV that often and if you do the Spears from the craftworld list have lance weapons, just in case ^^

Cheers mate and have fun with Eldar.  ;D

Offline steam

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 03:14:02 PM »
 Sorry for getting back on this topic.
 I decided to go with the Yanari. But still go full jetbike army. Is it possible to fit an, anti tank, scyweaver in a 500p list?