Author Topic: What to do with the new Celestine?  (Read 251 times)

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
What to do with the new Celestine?
« on: February 17, 2017, 03:33:50 PM »
Hey there,

How have you guys been using the new Saint? I haven't quite found a place for her yet among my SoB lists, might just take her solo and hopes she distracts the enemy long enough to have my back field exorcists do some damage while going unmolested. At T3 I am just not seeing her be to survivable for that job. Her not having Acts of Faith makes things a tiny bit harder too since she kind of takes away Seraphims shredding handflamers until she dies or leaves the squad. She's a bit expensive for what she does compared to the old saint who leaves enough points for a group of seraphim or whatever.

She did get a big buff in terms of surviviablity and wounds with like 7 to 16 eternal warrior wounds to chew through,but it doesn't seem like she runs well with sisters. I guess she can be taken as a HQ in any imperial army makes her better for like blood angels or something where a group of Deathcompany and a sang priest can keep up with her, offer her a feel no pain, and boost her to T4 because of majority toughness.

Online hillshire

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with the new Celestine?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 02:28:59 PM »
In a recent tournament, I paired her with Grey Knight Interceptors through the Imperial Agents Daemonhunter Strike Force. Two Daemonhammers (one of which is for the Justicar since he has two attacks base) and three Swords. In this particular list I had Coteaz stringing along from the Castellans Formation. He isn't as fast but if you spread out your models, he can stay in contact.

St. Celestine and Friends tank the wounds as they get into assault range. GK Interceptors activate Hammerhand (+2S) while Coteaz activates Force if needed. Genevieve takes any challenges to keep St. Celestine and the Justicar free. St. Celestine whipes out some models at her initiative step, most likely before anyone else swings. The Swords and Friends get their wacks in at I4, most likely reaping some more models thanks to S5-6 AP3 while taking some hits which could be tanked by Elanor and St. C. Then the Hammers do the clean up at I1.

I experimented quite a bit that tournament, much to the detriment of my tournament score but to the benefit of my understanding of my army. St. Celestine can hang in there quite well. Her Geminae tend to die a lot since they double out pretty easy but they come back very quickly too.

One of my experiments was comboing St. Celestine and Friends with Assault Marines armed with Eviscerators. This proved less successful. Without Hammerhand, St. C & Co more annoying than dangerous while the general lack of AP3 amongst the AM's made them much less so. I can only imagine that Seraphims would be even worse.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 02:32:08 PM by hillshire »

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with the new Celestine?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 02:55:08 PM »
Any luck running her with sisters? Maybe thunderwolf calvary can do much better work than jump troops without hammerhand?