Author Topic: Ynaari Combo thread... please add as you come up with them!  (Read 6248 times)

Offline Warseer_Kaelrich

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Ynaari Combo thread... please add as you come up with them!
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2017, 01:27:48 PM »
Can't use the raider unless you plan to mount them in your first turn.

that's the object. while you can't start out in them you can still get in raiders turn 1. it's a bit extra on your part but it gets the wraiths or banchees where they need to be

You also don't loose any movement on the transports. You just have to bre prepared in case you dont get first turn and wither that fire while you get into the transports.

I also noticed GW was out of banchees the past 2 weeks. It's almost like not having to bring allies made them worth the risk of loosing first turn. Then again, if they do loos their transport they can still run d6+3 inches. And then cause another soulburst, one way or another.

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2017, 02:00:01 PM »
That's the bonus, stick them behind it, not ideal to lose the raider but a free extra move could be just as good if it blows.

Offline Warseer_Kaelrich

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 02:24:36 PM »
That's the bonus, stick them behind it, not ideal to lose the raider but a free extra move could be just as good if it blows.

Didn't think of that but tour's right they can still make a run or move. The question is, run? Or move? Based on the situation the run will, on average, be better because of the bonus 3 inches, and you're more than likely going to loose the transport on your opponent's turn. So why not run them unless you can get an assault off? If they wreck the raider turn 1.

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2017, 12:54:24 AM »
Depends on positioning, if the 6 will do, move, if you could do with the extra few inches go for the run.  I'm loving the move option, used it a lot in my last game. WK getting an extra 12", yes please. WL not being to slow, don't mind if I do.

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2017, 11:22:18 AM »
On Saturday I am playing a 1500 point game against Stealer cult and I'm trying a mini star of 5 wraithblades with axes, a spirit seer (so they re-roll 1's) and the song of Ynnaed that is poisoned 2+ and the unit takes a morale check even for one wound.  Then I'm adding a lvl2 shadow seer with the mask so that the check is at -2, plus using his grenade launcher. He will also grant the unit hit and run on his I. Not a massive points sink and could be quite effective. Spirit seer will be taking revenant the shadow seer will take Phantasmology.  I'll let you know how it goes.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 11:49:40 PM by TearoftheDragon »

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2017, 08:31:20 PM »
I have to make a Tournament list 1850 points  and no wraithknight anymore "sniff"

I am going to add at least 3 x 3 man windriders, 1 Archon with webway portal and 5 wraithguard with D-Sythes, An autarch for reserve manipulation and 3 x warp spider squads. Any other suggestions?

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2017, 11:54:27 PM »
Sscythes are limited when they DS, the cheaper cannon are a bit better unless you can add another character to make the circle bigger when you deploy.  Swooping hawks with potential of double move are good and cheap for 6, DA can put out a fair amount of damage and scorpions can be quite effective, I killed a 5 man squad of marines with the mandiblasters and exarch then assaulted a dev squad with the soulburst, killed 2 more and held them up in their next shooting phase.

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2017, 02:02:07 AM »
Played an impromptu game against Tau last night, 1850pts. Rolled a 2 for warlord trait for my farseer, took two from div one from telepathy and was running around with a squad of 5 D-Cannon that ignored cover, could overwatch on full BS with counter attack and were invisible.  Actually felt bad for the other player.

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2017, 11:40:03 AM »
++ Y Reborn Warhost (Ynnari Aeldari: Fracture of Biel-Tan (2017)) [1499pts] ++
+ HQ +
Farseer [135pts]: Artefact (E): The Spirit Stone of Anath'lan, Singing Spear, Skyrunner Jetbike
Spiritseer [80pts]: Artefact (Y): Song of Ynnead
+ Elites +
Wraithblades [150pts]: Ghost Axe and Force Shield, 5x Wraithblade
Shadowseer [105pts]: Artefact (H): The Mask of Secrets, Haywire Grenades, Mastery Level 2, Shuriken Pistol
+ Troops +
(E) Windriders [81pts]
ии Windrider: Scatter Laser
(E) Windriders [81pts]
+ Lord of War +
(Y) The Yncarne, Avatar of Ynnead [275pts]
+ Formation +
Formation (E): Aspect Host [315pts]
ии (E) Warp Spiders: 4x Warp Spider
ииии Warp Spider Exarch: Deathspinner
Formation (E): Dire Avenger Shrine [277pts]
ии (E) Dire Avengers: 8x Dire Avenger
ииии Dire Avenger Exarch (Shrine)
ииииии Power Weapon and Shimmershield: Power Sword
ии (E) Dire Avengers: 5x Dire Avenger
ии (E) Dire Avengers: 5x Dire Avenger
++ Total: [1499pts] ++
VS
++ Cult Insurrection (Genestealer Cults - Codex) [1500pts] ++
+ Core +
Brood Cycle [995pts]
. Acolyte Hybrids: Cult Icon
. . 2x Acolyte Hybrid w/ Hand Flamer: 2x Hand Flamer
. . Acolyte Hybrid w/ Heavy Weapon: Demolition Charge, Hand Flamer
. . Acolyte Leader: Lashwhip and Bonesword
. Acolyte Iconward: Sacred Cult Banner
. Goliath Rockgrinders
. . Goliath Rockgrinder: Heavy Seismic Cannon
. Hybrid Metamorphs
. . Hybrid Metamorph: Claw, Hand Flamer
. . Metamorph Leader: Bonesword, Claw, Hand Flamer
. Neophyte Hybrids
. . 5x Neophyte Hybrid (Autogun)
. . Neophyte Hybrid w/ Heavy Weapon: Mining Laser
. . Neophyte Hybrid w/ Heavy Weapon: Mining Laser
. . Neophyte Hybrid w/ Special Weapon: Grenade Launcher
. . Neophyte Hybrid w/ Special Weapon: Grenade Launcher
. . Neophyte Leader: Autopistol, Close Combat Weapon
. Neophyte Hybrids
. . 5x Neophyte Hybrid (Shotgun)
. . Neophyte Hybrid w/ Heavy Weapon: Seismic Cannon
. . Neophyte Hybrid w/ Heavy Weapon: Seismic Cannon
. . Neophyte Hybrid w/ Special Weapon: Flamer
. . Neophyte Hybrid w/ Special Weapon: Flamer
. . Neophyte Leader: Power Pick, Web Pistol
. Purestrain Genestealers: 5x Purestrain Genestealer
+ Command +
The First Curse [370pts]
. Patriarch: Mastery Level 1
. Purestrain Genestealers: 20x Purestrain Genestealer
+ Auxiliary +
Brood Brothers [135pts]
. Scout Sentinels
. . Scout Sentinel: Lascannon
++ Total: [1500pts] ++

So the stealer army chose to set up a small amount of units first and go first then set up loads of infiltrators really close to my army, 2 units getting to assault 1st turn including 20 purestrains and the Patriarch, I was bricking it until I stole the initiative! Although I still lost 2 DA to shooting before the game had started.
Eldar turn one strength from death turns 2 dead units into 4 and two dead sentinels. I then got off invis(1st time I've got it) on the wraithblades, spirit seer and shadow seer which then stayed on them for the rest of the game. I assaulted the Patriarch and guard and wore it down over 4 combat phases, using ancestors grave to get more attacks, WS and I. This nurfed Nat's unit into uselessness due to hitting and wounding on 6's. rolling 5 6's from 51 dice didn't help him either.
Stealer turn 1, no damage caused although 3 obj markers were held for a D3 roll of 3 vp and he was in the lead by 1.
Eldar turn 2, Yncarne and warp spiders add are here, plenty of psychic powers get off and the warp spiders destroy a rock grinder and then kill 3 purestrains from the smaller unit. not readif a obj card properly meant I lost the chance to roll a D3 but I still lead 5-3.
Stealer turn 2 a unit returns but does no damage but 1 more obj is picked up from issuing a challenge although by this point the stealers were dead and the Patriarch died to the wraithblades. By this point the shadow seer was clearly the MVP having killed 7 stealers in combat. The farseer had got some powers off, peril'd, rolled a 5 but passed his LD test.
Eldar turn 3, the shadow seer gets some powers off but fails to cause wounds but the fire power of the DA wipe out the last unit the end result was 8-4 to the Ynnari. MSU stealer units played into the SfD rule but it wasn't really needed. The Yncarne took a lot of shots for ovly one wound. The initial firepower of 54 shots from BS5 DA that then got to fire again played a huge part as did the Eldar mini deathstar taking out the biggest Stealer threat for no damage.