Author Topic: What is the best way to field Huron Blackheart?  (Read 482 times)

Offline Covenantkilla

• Battle Brother
  • "The dark path leads only to an empty wallet"
    • View Profile
What is the best way to field Huron Blackheart?
« on: February 21, 2017, 11:45:01 PM »
Followers of The Dark Gods, I play Red Corsairs as a result of a beautiful collection of models that were gifted to me (Under the condition that I paint them). I would love to get the Boss himself on the table, but I don't think sticking him in a chaos marine squad is really the best way of doing it. What would you recommend fielding him alongside? I've included a typical List I run below. Many thanks!

Offline SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: What is the best way to field Huron Blackheart?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 08:11:21 AM »
There is no 'good' way to run him so you have to run him in a way that can be fun.  I run him in a squad of Chosen with MoS and some Power Weapons.  It's a lot of points, but Huron is surrounded by Champions in the colors of Red Corsairs, Salamanders, Sons of Orar, Ultramarines, Blood Angels and Space Wolves and I think it looks pretty friggin cool on the table.  Sadly, the unit has been useless more times that it's been helpful.  Depending on the rest of my list, I also put in any Sorcerers and Warpsmiths into this unit and they all pile into a Land Raider.

The best idea I've had was to put him and his Chosen in a Caestus Asssault Ram and force feed his Chosen deep into an enemy position.  I haven't gotten a Ram yet so it's only been some light testing, but it has been entertaining.

Huron suffers for being on foot, and Chaos has a real lack of delivery options.  You just have to find room wherever you can or make the sacrifice of cool over function.  But I would keep him in only one unit, not add extra Characters to it so that if you do roll a 2-3 on his Warlord Trait, him and his unit can Infiltrate and solve that delivery problem.

Offline Ironclad13

• Battle Brother
  • Iron Within, Kill Main Burn! Ahem... Iron Without.
    • View Profile
Re: What is the best way to field Huron Blackheart?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 07:44:41 AM »
Chosen or Havocs is where I'd put him, possibly in a Land Raider but definitely at least a Rhino.  And don't forget your Dirge Casters to shut down enemy Overwatch.

You can take the squad up with special weapons (I usually run flamers or meltas) with a power-fist on the Champion.  If they're Havocs, I give them all extra CCW's, if they're Chosen I usually run 4 guns and an extra power fist in the squad.  Makes for a fairly effective shoot and charge unit.  If you want, throw in a Sorcerer or a Warpsmith for even more pre-charge dakka.
Some are born great, others achieve greatness.  Some...

Some are still throwing spears at the buses.