Author Topic: Space Marine list 750-1000pts  (Read 386 times)

Online Travdan

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Space Marine list 750-1000pts
« on: February 27, 2017, 02:22:41 PM »
What is a good 750-1000pts list for space marines. I've got the prosperos burns box set and want to use that. The chapter will be Hawling griffins and as I add on some Ultra marines too with Guillman !
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:39:08 AM by Hawkeye299 »

Offline majordamage

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Space Marine list 750-1000pts
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 06:10:28 AM »
In a small point marine list I would go with a cheaaaaaap HQ. Librarians are a solid choice. Maybe a techmarine if you have some vehicles.

Solid choices for small games include: A whirlwind (65 pts), a landspeeder with missiles (70 pts), a predator tank with all lascannons (140 pts), bike squads (they can come in a variety of flavors), scout squads, tactical squads.

I am not familiar with the prospero set. It sort of depends what kind of marines you want to play. Will they use Ultramarine chapter tactics?
  • Space Marines: around 4000, Tau 1500

Offline Ironclad13

• Battle Brother
  • Iron Within, Kill Main Burn! Ahem... Iron Without.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 03:00:08 PM »
I've had some success with 2 tactical squads, captain and a dreadnought.  Had to splash a bit on upgrades to bring it up to 750pts but it's been a fairly reliable list thus far.  Tacticals are packing 10 men each, plasma cannon, flamer and sergeant combi flamer, split into combat squads.  Dreadnought runs assault cannon and powerfist with heavy flamer.  The captain is usually beefed out for melee to lend support to the dreadnought.
  • Chaos Space Marines, Astra Militarum, Eldar, Space Marines
Some are born great, others achieve greatness.  Some...

Some are still throwing spears at the buses.

Online Travdan

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 10:01:37 AM »
Ok cool ! Ian going to work all it in to a battle Demi-company. I have. A few questions? Is it worth giving each tac Sargent plasma pistal and power sword? How should I equip my devastators? Is it worth running two storm shield thunder hammers with my vanguard vets ?

Offline majordamage

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 07:08:58 AM »
It is not worth it. At 750-1000 points (and I would argue at any point level) upgrading sarges with plasma pistols is a colossal waste of points. Power weapons MAYBE but only if you are going to be getting into melee. Honestly, for tactical squad sarges I would give them nothing or a combi-weapon matching the special weapon (so a combi-melta if you use a melta gun for example). Melta bombs is a good cheap option too.

For devastators, I would equip them with weapons that can take on similar targets. Lascannons are always a good call for anti-armor. Missile launchers give you some options. I would avoid multi-meltas; they just don't have enough range.

Overall, I would avoid kitting units out too much. You don't have a lot of points to work with.

Here is a sample demi-company at 1000points that works with Ultramarines:
-Chaplain w/jump pack, melta bomb 115

-5-man Tactical Squad w/melta,combimelta in rhino w/dozer 130
-10-man Tactical Squad w/flamer, missile launcher in rhino w/dozer 200 (combat squad would work well)
-5-man Tactical Squad w/plasma, combiplasma in rhino w/dozer 135

-Venerable Dreadnought w/twinlinked lascannon, missile launcher 150

-5 assault marines w/jump packs, power weapon for sarge 105

-6 devastators w/4 lascannons 154

It's pretty basic but you cover all the bases nicely: you have tacticals to grab objectives, you can take on most types of targets, you get to take full advantage of all three doctrines for the Ultramarines chapter tactics.
  • Space Marines: around 4000, Tau 1500