Author Topic: Fallen Angels?  (Read 302 times)

Offline Noctifer

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Fallen Angels?
« on: March 01, 2017, 11:45:42 PM »
Sooo curious - Fallen (Dark) Angels.. they're talked a lot in the Dark Angels codexes / fluff, its kind of the Dark Angel's 'thing', but I can find any actual rules for them?  Do they get played as regular CSM with no marks / benefits?  Or do they get played using the CSM codex (as I've heard it done before).  What is the most 'official-friendly' version (not just house-rules since by house-rules you could use the tyranid codex if you really set your mind to it)

Offline Ironclad13

• Battle Brother
  • Iron Within, Kill Main Burn! Ahem... Iron Without.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Angels?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 01:22:14 AM »
As I understand it, you basically choose your army from one of the Codexes Space Marines, Dark Angels or Chaos Space Marines as you feel like for any given game and include Cypher as your Warlord (I think there's rules for him somewhere).  It's not unusual for him to occasionally appear with Astra Militarum or Imperial Agents (though not Grey Knights or Sisters of Battle, obviously).
  • Chaos Space Marines, Astra Militarum, Eldar, Space Marines
Some are born great, others achieve greatness.  Some...

Some are still throwing spears at the buses.

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Angels?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 06:31:15 AM »
There are rules for Cypher and a bad Formation of him and CSM Chosen that you should avoid, but he can NOT ally with Dark Angels.  It is not allowed, so if you want to make an army of Fallen, you choose CSM or vanilla Space Marines (or any other Armies of the Imperium but DA) and include Cypher as an HQ choice.  And he currently can be used with Grey Knights and Sisters just fine.  But, he is getting a new model and new rules in very little time, like a month or two, so your best choice is to sit tight and see what you do with him once he gets some decent attention.

If you ask me, a Forge World Chapter like Raptors or Astral Claws are great choices.  Astral Claws get Bike skills and Stubborn, like a discount version of Dark Angels already, so they might be the closest you can get.  Use their rules and make them look however you want.