Author Topic: Am I slow or is this gamebreaker for Chaos  (Read 256 times)

Offline tomjashroom

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Am I slow or is this gamebreaker for Chaos
« on: March 05, 2017, 03:31:41 AM »
So I just noticed that each legion counts as a chaos space marine faction, for the purposes of allies.  So doesn't that mean I can run my Black Legion detachment with Iron warrriors and mix all their legon special rules with mine ( not detachment rules obv) if I switch and swap my HQ Choices   (especially mixing wargear combinations). That alpha legion (Chaos Undivided artifact) is looking even more dumb if I can put an alpha legion lord with my Black legion  terminators or on Iron warrios Oblits to detach from combat and shoot people.

Is this really OP? Anyone figured out some crazy combos yet?

After Skimming for 5 mins I think I found 1 dumb example of what I mean. Mixing World Eaters Bezerksers on Foot with Night lords Chaos Lord Confers the unit Stealth and a wargear Item gives +1 to stealth.  Im not sure if I have understood the rules correctly but since those rules are confered to models and not detachments it seems to me they should transpher to other battle brothers of the same faction when the Lords Join the unit?

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 01:20:41 AM by tomjashroom »

Offline Ironclad13

• Battle Brother
  • Iron Within, Kill Main Burn! Ahem... Iron Without.
    • View Profile
Re: Am I slow or is this gamebreaker for Chaos
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 05:31:43 AM »
I'm not sure about the conferring of rules from one unit to the other (Lords to squads and vice versa).  It's probably worth having a double-check through the Independent Character special rules on that front.  I know I will when I get the chance.  Like you say, there's some funky stuff in there.
  • Chaos Space Marines, Astra Militarum, Eldar, Space Marines
Some are born great, others achieve greatness.  Some...

Some are still throwing spears at the buses.