Author Topic: Where should I start with an Iron Warriors army?  (Read 95 times)

Offline TheHiveKing

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Where should I start with an Iron Warriors army?
« on: March 08, 2017, 10:58:23 AM »
I decided to start playing Chaos and all i have right now is the dark vengeance set. What should i buy next to make a decent 1000 point Iron Warriors list. I was thinking about getting a box of obliterators and maybe some bikers and a helldrake next.
  • Tyranids, Genestealer Cult and Chaos

Online Ironclad13

• Battle Brother
  • Iron Within, Kill Main Burn! Ahem... Iron Without.
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I start with an Iron Warriors army?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 04:41:25 PM »
Obliterators are a solid choice.  As Iron Warriors they get tank/building hunters to add to their invaluable array of weapons.  You can not go wrong with these guys except knowing when to deepstrike them and when to deploy them normally.

With the Dark Vengeance set you could legitimately build a CAD with Chaos Lord and Obliterators filling you mandatory requirements.  Then attach a Helcult Formation Detachment using the Helbrute and Cultists.  That would give you a solid, battle-forged army with the stuff you've already got and you can add more of the fun, killy stuff to the CAD as you expand your model collection.

Helldrakes are pretty awesome, though not as powerful as they used to be.  I'm meh on bikers but I've not really played them enough to fairly judge them.
  • Chaos Space Marines, Astra Militarum, Eldar, Space Marines
Some are born great, others achieve greatness.  Some...

Some are still throwing spears at the buses.

Offline TheHiveKing

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I start with an Iron Warriors army?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 01:32:17 AM »
I think i will pick up two boxes of obliterators net then.
  • Tyranids, Genestealer Cult and Chaos