Author Topic: Who's the next Loyal Primarch we get?  (Read 995 times)

Offline Charley359

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Who's the next Loyal Primarch we get?
« on: March 09, 2017, 09:50:12 PM »
With the preview in the March White Dwarf that we're getting the Ultramarine's Primarch Roboute Guilliman finally sculpted in a 3 figure plastic set that includes our own fallen angel Cypher along with the Grey Knights Grand Master Lord Voldus for $90 or $125 depending on the box set.

With the Ultramarine's Roboute Guilliman coming out this summer and also being the first Primarch to be brought back to life from the Imperium.  What do you think of the chances we'll get more loyal Primarch's by the end of the year?  From all the fiction over the years that I've read on all of the loyal Primarch's.  I've  always considered Lion El'Jonson to have the best chance of being the first Primarch to be brought back to life.  I felt that the Watcher's of the Dark magic ability or whatever its called to keep him alive gave him that chance.  But I can see why they chose Ultramarine's since they have always been the flagship Space Marine faction for GW. 

If I remember right from the books, I think the Lion is suppose to be roughly the same size as Guilliman if not then just a little taller.  Either way as awesome as Guilliman's sculpt looks.  I feel any Primarch they bring back would be awesome looking.  He's taller then a terminator but looks shorter then a dreadnought.  Guilliman's sculpt looks fantastic and while I don't play Ultramarines.  If I did I would use the version with his head showing and not the helmeted version.  I am very anxious to see the stats they give him to get an idea on what future Primarchs might be like.  It's also implied in the White Dwarf that he will become the defacto leader of the Imperium which does have me wonder if we will get any more.  I hope I'm wrong about that.     

I'm also curious in the fiction aspect of the Gathering Storm storyline how Cypher will interact working alongside Guilliman.  It does say in WD that the three figures along with others do work together in getting to Terra.  What is Cypher's plans once he gets there?  To present to the dying husk of the Emperor the Lion's sword?  Only the Emperor and the Watchers of the Dark know where Lion is.  Does somehow giving the sword bring about some ancient magic which will awaken the Lion? 

I hope somehow we get more Primarch's since I really want my Dark Angel's Primarch to come to life and be able to field him dressed in his black army along side my Dark Angels army.  I would be curious to see his stats since it was always stated that only Horus before he turned was a better and more powerful Primarch then Lion E'Jonson. By Black Library and Games Workshop own books I would think Lion's stats would be better then Guilliman's.

Offline Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
  • A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    • View Profile
Re: Who's the next Loyal Primarch we get?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 08:59:39 PM »
I have already made mention myself that I think Johnson is a really good candidate to come back next especially with Luther out and about, and like you said the Watchers. Hopefully the DA see a little more love. I know what someone is about to reply to this, just play Ravenwing. Well my good sir or madam allow me to inform you that I do not enjoy to play just 1 wing. I enjoy to run multi wing.

Johnson was a big advocate of this himself and who knows he might bring back some of the older wings. It would be awesome to see the Dreadwing come back or the Firewing heck or the Iron wing, as a DA player myself we lack armored support. Plus how he would react to the fallen and cypher or how the inner circle would take this and what would become of the unforgiven? How well would Johnson get along with the current characters we know like Belial, Sammael, Azrael or even Ezekiel? What about Guilliman how will he get along with the current chapters leaders like Cassius or Calgar?

However like you said any primarch to come back next would be awesome. To see the Khan himself comeback on a Jetbike or Leman Russ to return from the Warp. Maybe even have Vulkan come back from...where ever he is?

Offline Charley359

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 08:37:19 PM »
Like you I'm a Dark Angels fan first.  But I am looking forward to seeing the Primarch's come back, especially my Lion.  I was hoping he would have been the first one, but I do understand why Guilliman came first. 

I was told this weekend by a couple of former players that all of the Primarch's will eventually be released.  But I do hope its more then one a year.   

Offline Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
  • A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 10:50:31 PM »
Agreed I am not sure how quickly they released the primarchs for the horus heresy game but maybe that is something to go off of. However Johnson does not even have rules or a model in 30k and was really hopping he would show up first in 40k since again he is not in 30k. Plus I do not know about you guys but if you ask me Guilliman is a little too cheap for what he brings.