Author Topic: CAD or Masque for harlequins  (Read 843 times)

Offline Dark-Zero

• Initiate
    • View Profile
CAD or Masque for harlequins
« on: March 12, 2017, 10:53:03 AM »
with the advent of the two hq characters for the faction, what do you think? CAD but no rising crescendo or masque/formations and no cad?

Online TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: CAD or Masque for harlequins
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 12:35:44 PM »
Cad or Allied but expensive characters to open it up.  I'd maybe go Yvraine(who should have acrobatic based on the fluff) but not the Visarch.

Offline Dark-Zero

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 06:35:06 PM »
interesting so why not the visarch?

Online TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 01:13:19 AM »
For his points he doesn't add much to Harlies and is even squishier; whereas she gives greater psychic ability.  Personally if doing a CAD I would have the troupes for obj sec; a shodow seer and then add the Heroes Path formation.

Offline Rosbjorn

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 09:14:27 AM »
I feel like the harlequin formations offer more to us than a cad. The Visarch and Yvraine are both a little underwhelming as HQs in my opinion (I like Yvraine well enough, but she only has access to two disciplines that aren't the most useful outside of an Ynnari detachment).

Harlequins are very expensive and pretty easy to move off objectives which makes them pretty poor choices for sitting on objectives.

I prefer running them in a masque/dual masque to get up in my opponent's face. Sometimes I'll bring a CWE CAD to provide more fire support as well as objective grabbing as they are better suited for it in my opinion.

For smaller games, the option to take a CAD is nice as our formations are so restrictive and can get pretty expensive.

That's my 0.02 anyways.