Author Topic: Quick little Haemonculus Coven question  (Read 2047 times)

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Quick little Haemonculus Coven question
« on: March 17, 2017, 01:39:57 PM »
Can you just take a formation from this supplement or do you need to take other stuff with it?

I am thinking of fitting the Dark Artisans formation into a Ynarri list but I am not a 100% sure how formations work.

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Quick little Haemonculus Coven question
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 07:40:47 AM »
A Formation is a seperate Detachment you add into your army, just like a CAD or any other Detachment in the game.  You are going to have a Ynnari Detachment and a Dark Eldar Detachment that is your Formation.  Keep in mind, none of the Haemonculus Formations fit into a Ynnari Decurion, so you won't have them be Ynnari Faction or have Soulburst, you just have Dark Eldar from the Dark Eldar Codex.

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 09:47:21 AM »
But they could still offer up soul burst if killed and spirit probe would work on any DE I took in Ynnari right?

I am kinda of just trying to use the Avatar and a Cronos for a bubble of 4+ FNP, it might not be the best of ideas though....

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 10:40:49 AM »
So it's a roundabout way of doing it, but that interaction checks out.  The Yncarne gives FNP to Ynnari Faction only, not Dark Eldar or the Aeldari, so the Dark Eldar you want to buff with the Cronus must be in the Reborn Warhost so they have both Factions, but it does look like you can get a bubble of FNP 4+++.

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 11:35:56 AM »
Well good to know that it works, but if it is effective is a different question.

The same thing could be done with just normal dark eldar with the special rule some characters have that count the turn as one higher for power from pain with at least a 6+ fnp with out having to worry about bubbles to much. It is also a bit of a point sink, but it will still be fine founding out.