Author Topic: Fallen Chaos Marines  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Bad Wolf

• Battle Brother
  • War doesn't determine whoIs right,only who is left
    • View Profile
    • Fearless 40k
Fallen Chaos Marines
« on: September 04, 2013, 02:40:08 PM »
I was thinking of doing a fallen army of chaos space marines. I was thinking of using the cypher model as my lord but reattach his arms to give him what i want (probably a power weapon plasma pistol). I just wanted to get ideas for models to use, should i use regular tactical marines or the chaos marines models? Is there a Fallen daemon prince? could I make my fluff for one? any other ideas are welcome, thanks
2k Dark Angels
4k Grey Knights
4k Imperial Guard

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Chaos Marines
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 06:20:53 PM »
The cool thing about the Fallen is you can do what ever you want as some of them have turned to chaos and some of them haven't. They were spread thru time and space so you could have some that look like loyalist cause to them the Destruction of Caliban just happened or you could have more chaos looking ones that have been fighting and fleeing the Imperium for a while. Have you decided on a color? Pre-heresy Dark Angels are black not green but you can do what ever you want and just say they changed their colors to hide who they are. Good luck.
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"

Offline Bad Wolf

• Battle Brother
  • War doesn't determine whoIs right,only who is left
    • View Profile
    • Fearless 40k
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 09:44:53 PM »
yeah i was going to paint them black. I like that idea of some tactical, some chaos marines. that would be cool to see played as long as they were all painted similar.I was always confused why on the GW website Cypher's armor is green.
2k Dark Angels
4k Grey Knights
4k Imperial Guard

Offline Jacknife

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 06:36:14 PM »
Yeah, according to the eavy metal paint job, it seems cypher has repainted his armour, although that sort of makes sense, because according to some of the fluff he actually isn't really a heretic, he just left the dark angels, and the sword across the model's back is some famous sword, I can't remember which, and it's broken, and he's trying to return it to the emperor or something like that. So probably dark angels models would be fluffier
When I die, I want to go out peacefully in my sleep, like my grandad, not screaming in terror, like the passengers in his car.

Offline bruenor316

• Skald of Tra
  • Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 06:54:21 PM »
Sword of the Lion - the Primarch's own blade; it used to be run as a C'Tan Shard blade (I think), which basically meant you got an Invul save, nothing else.

The idea was (maybe still is) that Cypher is trekking to Terra to beg the Emperor's forgiveness and return the blade to the Throne, and his armour is green so as to appear as a Dark Angel.

The audiodrama Grey Angel has Cypher and Luthor in it, definitely opened up some doors on redefining Cypher's mission....if he has one  :-X

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 09:49:41 PM »
I don't know how true it is but I heard a rumor that Cyphers mission was actually to get back to Terra to kill the Emperor so he can be reborn back to full strength not a half corpse in the golden throne. I guess some of the rumors are that the Emperor is Immortal and has died thru out the ages always to be reborn stronger than before but since he is trapped in the golden throne he can't fully die to come back and save mankind. I don't know how true it is but its what I like to believe. Tho I haven't heard that Audio drama so I don't know. Whats the name of that by the way?
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 04:31:11 AM »
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1860240

I recommend ordering this set if you want to really add to a Fallen army. The bile pack you could use for an apothecary if you decide to play the book using Space Marines or Dark Angels. Might even be able to make your own model and use Fabius Bile's rules too. The fallen packs could be fit on Sergeants. If you use the Cypher model you really wouldn't need to modify it because he's already modeled with a sword (plus I like the look of a gunslinging space marine) Either way you look at it it's a power armored army that you can play with multiple books and it would work.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline bruenor316

• Skald of Tra
  • Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 12:59:22 PM »
I don't know how true it is but I heard a rumor that Cyphers mission was actually to get back to Terra to kill the Emperor so he can be reborn back to full strength not a half corpse in the golden throne. I guess some of the rumors are that the Emperor is Immortal and has died thru out the ages always to be reborn stronger than before but since he is trapped in the golden throne he can't fully die to come back and save mankind. I don't know how true it is but its what I like to believe. Tho I haven't heard that Audio drama so I don't know. Whats the name of that by the way?

It's called Grey Angel; you've got Qruze (and Garro I believe) on an op to Caliban, and it goes from there  ;)

There's a whole host of rumors/stories/suppositions on Cypher, it almost warrants it's own sub-forum, lol.  The reincarnation of the Emperor originates from WAY, WAY, WAAAAAY back in the original Realms of Chaos books ("Slaves to Darkness" and "Lost and the Damned"), which also included the Sensei, Illuminati, and a bunch of other tidbits retconned in 3E, but now brought back via the HH novels.....my head hurts after following that btw  :o