Author Topic: Am I reading this right?  (Read 1963 times)

Offline Slartibartfast

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Am I reading this right?
« on: September 07, 2013, 10:08:53 AM »
The Chapter Tactics for Templars reads in part, "Black Templar detachments have access to a special unit called a Crusader Squad."

The way I read that - we don't even have to take Crusader Squads?  We could roll a couple scout squads to meet the troops requirement and call it a day?

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Re: Am I reading this right?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 02:48:35 PM »
Pretty much. I try and roll only crusader squads to keep with fluff.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Sadclown

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 06:12:55 PM »
why not just grab msu crusader squads and take a heavy weapon/power weapon/power fist AND a special weapon AND ranged and/or melee weapon on a sword brother?

Offline Slartibartfast

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 08:27:29 PM »
why not just grab msu crusader squads and take a heavy weapon/power weapon/power fist AND a special weapon AND ranged and/or melee weapon on a sword brother?

Not saying I would take Neophytes.  Just surprised it's an option.

Offline Xorn

• Brother Captain
  • Faith and Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 02:20:05 PM »
Dude I love the new crusade units. Vastly superior to tacts and scout units on a large scale and small. I mean like u said more weapons and human shields are still there. With a properly pruced razorback or a dpod im very happy fielding tenplars who deny the he witch on a 5+. And char wit the shield is a 4+ deny roll! We not only got buffed but kept the lore to a good degree. But where is my sword brethren unit? I like the sgt thing b ut im sure we should hav our own vanguard unit dubbed swordboys wit more special options right? Or is that too much?

Offline Sadclown

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 03:43:47 PM »
I am calling all my vanguard sternguard and vet sgts sword brethren. The trick know is figuring out their individual names. I am going with Castellan Asa who served with the Deathwatch and has now returned to lead a company of the Nimbosa crusade against the vile Xenos known as the Tau.

Offline Xorn

• Brother Captain
  • Faith and Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 04:29:07 PM »
I like that idea I mean its true enuff.. mayb a supplement covers that kind small details?

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 06:53:58 PM »
Actually I read a post on naftka (faeit212) that all the chapters in Codex: SM were getting supplements to flesh them out more, so Black Templars will probably get that! I'm REALLY surprised they don't have anything in the way of Forge World, but I suppose they do more of the Chapters eople don't know about.

Angel
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 09:16:38 PM »
I would eventually like to see BT fleshed out with a supplument, but for the time being I can work with being apart of the space marines codex. I can take Crusader squads as well as an Emperor's champion, and then ally them with some Imperial Fists and take Lysander with some scout squads in speeder storms. I can even have Lysander chill out with some Devastator Centurions. They have the majority toughness, but with his storm shield out front. so, in other words, 4 bodies, 10 wounds, t5 2+3++, eternal warrior. 
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 10:13:49 PM »
I've said it once and i'll say it again. I like the way you think Harry. You could call it the Feast of Blades (think that's the right one o.o..)
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 03:20:51 AM »
my working title for when I field multiple sons of Dorn is Team Brofist. Eventually I'll have both Crimson Fists and Imperial Fists (they take the same chapter tactics so I'll be able to field all three on the table at once).

Offline Xorn

• Brother Captain
  • Faith and Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 07:05:16 PM »
I do the same. Pedro and lysander in primary and emperors champ in the ally. I call it the Order of Dorn.