Author Topic: Bye Bye Dreadnaught CCW?  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Slartibartfast

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Dreadnaught CCW?
« on: September 07, 2013, 04:54:17 PM »
Looking through our new codex - Dreadnoughts no longer sport the, "Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon".  They are all carrying straight up Power Fists.  No more DCCW.  Wondering, since a Power Fist confers Sx2, and Dreadies are S6, does this mean they hit at S12?  That means they can instant kill T6 monstrous creatures?

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
Re: Bye Bye Dreadnaught CCW?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 07:56:40 PM »
That would be wonderful! But no that's now how it works, generally it's S x2 to a maximum of 10. I remember there being a passage in the Rulebook which stated stats could never go above 10 or below 1 (or 0).

Angel
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline Slartibartfast

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 08:26:06 PM »
Any chance you could quote a page number?  I recall that in 5th Edition, but can't find any such rule in the 6th Edition rule book.  Looked for a while.  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 11:36:35 PM »
Hmm, I can't seem to find the page either.. I have to say the lack of any value over 10 at all would probably do enough to confirm this. There is nothing in the game that can go past S10 and if you read under Smash attacks they double strength (to a maximum of 10) I guess it could be argued this only applies to Smash but it's sorta been an unspoken rule that S10 is the max.

ANDD ignore everything I said, look at Page 2 of the rulebook in the third paragraph. "Attacks and Wounds are the only characteristics that can be raised above 10."

Angel
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline Slartibartfast

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 05:31:09 PM »
Hmm, I can't seem to find the page either.. I have to say the lack of any value over 10 at all would probably do enough to confirm this. There is nothing in the game that can go past S10 and if you read under Smash attacks they double strength (to a maximum of 10) I guess it could be argued this only applies to Smash but it's sorta been an unspoken rule that S10 is the max.

ANDD ignore everything I said, look at Page 2 of the rulebook in the third paragraph. "Attacks and Wounds are the only characteristics that can be raised above 10."

Angel

Thanks very much!