Author Topic: First draft 8th edition list 2000 points  (Read 540 times)

Offline new@40k

• Initiate
    • View Profile
First draft 8th edition list 2000 points
« on: June 17, 2017, 08:13:11 PM »
So it looks like 2000 points is the new standard list at my local store.(at least for now) Got my codex and rule book today, and like everybody knows by now, most things other than boyz are way more expensive. Came up with a list that I think I like, any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Morkanaut with big mek inside(no upgrades)=413, 2 deff dreads 3 dread klaws and scorchas=302, ghazghkull=215, 3 squads of 30 boyz with nob pk=615, weird boy =62, nob with waaagh banner=79, 5 killa kans with rokkit launchas=315. 2001 points is the total for this pain train. Weird boy takes war path for his power giving a boy squad +1 attack and ghaz also gives +1 attack to all units within 6" if they charge. Waaagh banner means that all those boyz are hitting on 2's. Keep ghaz,weird boy and nob banner in the middle of the boyz. Everything moves up and tries to make it into combat as fast as possible, killa kans might hang back a little and use that sexy BS 4+ to soften up things with rokkits. This list only gives me 4 command points, im not sure how many I should be shooting for. P.s. I have never used my morkanaut and it's not even painted yet, but I really want to try him out.

Offline Breng77

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: First draft 8th edition list 2000 points
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 09:50:33 PM »
Why do you only have 4 CP?  Seems like a battalion detachment giving you 6.

3 HQ - ghaz, werdboy, kff mek
3 Troops - 90 boyz
3 heavies - mork, kans, dreads
1 elite - banner nob

I'd keep my weird boy flexible as you might want da jump some games as the +1 attack may be overkill and less useful than a faster charge.

Offline new@40k

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: First draft 8th edition list 2000 points
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 07:43:43 PM »
Thank you, yes i completely forgot to add the +3 points for being a battle forged army. Would actually be 7 cp. 3 for battle forged, 3 for my battalion and 1 for a spearhead detachment. Nice catch and I feel dumb for not noticing that myself haha.