Author Topic: 8th Death Guard legion question  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Eryx_UK

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • March of the Damned
8th Death Guard legion question
« on: June 18, 2017, 05:25:58 AM »
So, in the new index Death Guard and Thousand Sons have entries for what they can and cannot have. Death Guard get to take plague marines as troop choices but lose lord on bike, lord with jump pack, terminators, bikes, raptors, warp talons, maulerfiends and forgefiends. This has irked me a little as my DG army includes those. So could I choose to not play the legion specific rules (which basically just give me plague marines as troops) and keep those units in my army?
My Death Guard narrative blog: http://thedeathguard.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: 8th Death Guard legion question
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 09:59:43 AM »
You can keep these units in the army anyway.  There is no restriction that says 'all units in a Detachment must share ALL keywords'.  They must share a grand total of one.  Chaos.  Done.  So your Terminators and so on can be Legion: Whatever and the only effect is that Aura buffs don't hit them and vice versa.

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 04:49:14 PM »
Is this limitation ment to avoid death stars like things that would benfit hugely from the feel no pain and there ment to be slow and shambling in theam so your forced to screen do you think for death gaurd

Offline Eryx_UK

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • March of the Damned
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 06:11:10 PM »
Partly I think that units like terminators will get their own Death Guard versions in the new codex. DG have Deathshroud after all. But then the Death Guard were never ones to use bikes, assault marines and the like so I guess some of it is fluff reasons. Just bloody annoying after how nicely the legion turned out in Traitor Legions, not to mention that some of us board some of those units after that books release.
My Death Guard narrative blog: http://thedeathguard.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline PepeTykki

• Battle Brother
  • Sanity is for the weak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 03:33:29 AM »
I also am a bit disappointed of how narrow the range of units is for the Death Guard. But there are new units to be added in the upcoming DG codex. Like the new tank and I think that there were some leaked pics of Death Guard Terminators so that's gonna be nice.
For the Dark Gods!