Author Topic: 2000 Pt Themed Tyranid Army  (Read 277 times)

Online MiniTV

• Initiate
    • View Profile
2000 Pt Themed Tyranid Army
« on: June 19, 2017, 09:32:49 AM »

Here is my Force Roster for my planned Army for 8th; I have about half of the items in this list so far and will work towards finishing it off by the end of the year. Comments and critique are welcome as well as would you want to fight against this army?

Battalion Detachment +3CP (Tyranids) [109 PL, 1998pts]

**+ HQ +**

HIVE TYRANT [10 PL, 180pts]
Adrenal Glands, Monstrous Rending Claws, Monstrous Scything Talons, Prehensile Pincer Tail

THE SWARMLORD [15 PL, 300pts]

**+ Troops +**

HORMAGAUNTS [9 PL, 150pts]
30x Hormagaunt

30x Hormagaunt

30x Hormagaunt

**TYRANID WARRIORS [5 PL, 91pts]**
Tyranid Warrior: Barbed Strangler, Scything Talons
2x Tyranid Warrior: Deathspitter, Scything Talons

**+ Elites +**

TYRANT GUARD [7 PL, 111pts]
3x Tyrant Guard: Rending Claws, Scything Talons

TYRANT GUARD [7 PL, 111pts]
3x Tyrant Guard: Rending Claws, Scything Talons

ZOANTHROPES [6 PL, 120pts]
Neurothrope
2x Zoanthrope

**+ Fast Attack +**

RAVENERS [4 PL, 69pts]
3x Ravener: 2x Scything Talons

RAVENERS [4 PL, 69pts]

RAVENERS [4 PL, 69pts]

**+ Heavy Support +**

TRYGON PRIME [10 PL, 214pts]
Bio-electric Pulse with Containment Spines, Biostatic Rattle, 3x Massive Scything Talons

TRYGON PRIME [10 PL, 214pts]
Bio-electric Pulse with Containment Spines, Biostatic Rattle, 3x Massive Scything Talons

**++ Total: [109 PL, 1998pts] ++**

• Tyranids: Orks: Necrons:
The Great Devourer for the win

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: 2000 Pt Themed Tyranid Army
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 10:24:26 AM »
Definitely some improvements you can make here.  It's close to how I play my own Nids so I'm pretty familiar with the playstyle you want to go for.

Adrenal Glands on everything.  If it is coming out of the ground, it needs Glands.  It's the difference between a 9" charge and an 8", and that's a big difference on the dice.

The Zoas are pretty useless here.  You don't have enough on the table to need the spare Synapse.  Two Tyrants handles pretty much everything, with Primes and Warriors filling in the gaps.

The lack of Flyrant is a bad move.  You're trying to get your charges off, but you're going to be trying to control all of your Deep Strikers with only two 8" bubbles.  Having Wings let's you cross the table and support if and when you need to.  Flyrants aren't amazing anymore, but they have their purpose still.  I'd give them a set of Deathspitters though or both sets of Talons.  Losing one pair means you're giving up a 10pt Attack.  Not a good move for no tradeoff.

You have too many Hormagaunts.  Hormagaunts are nice and all, but Genestealers are 100% better.  If you have a Swarmlord, take a max unit of Stealers for Turn 1 Charge goodness.  Move/Advance + Move/Advance + Charge.  Don't bother with a Broodlord though, it just gets left behind.  This unit is meant to hurry forward, apply immediate pressure, absorb damage Turn 1 to save your other stuff and still hit hard enough.  Best 240pts a Nid army can spend if you have the Swarmlord too.  Having them in your opponent's face then more units coming from behind them via holes, you have table control on Turn 1, Turn 2 at the latest.  Then your opponent is stuck reacting to your moves instead of pushing back.

Drop the Rattles on the Trygons.  It's a silly weapon.  Adrenals are better for five points and Toxinspikes are a measly single point.  You aren't charging hordes with a Trygon Prime, you're mincing big stuff that isn't going to care about a Morale test.  Your little gribblies that come with the Prime are the ones going for hordes.