Author Topic: Death Korp of Krieg project log  (Read 4463 times)

Offline Bad Wolf

• Battle Brother
  • War doesn't determine whoIs right,only who is left
    • View Profile
    • Fearless 40k
Death Korp of Krieg project log
« on: January 06, 2014, 06:26:15 AM »
Hello everybody, as it says in the title this is the project log for my Death Korp of Krieg army. I decided to start one because I found some ways to do it cheaply while still looking good. Right now I am in the planning phase, I will be ordering models in a week or so.

1: To start off I will be ordering the DKoK Infantry squads for the gorgon which costs $81. Once I have that I will separate the models and add some green stuff. Assuming I don't break any I will have 50 infantry for $81 which isn't a bad price. Pictures of other people's are in my Imgur album, link below.

Although they aren't the best poses for front line infantry, you can't beat the price. If anyone else is interested, here are link to 2 guides I will be using:  http://www.astronomican.com/showthread.php?21781-Honsou-s-Guide-to-Affordable-Death-Korps
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58799
Once the squads are cut out, green stuffed, and painted step 2 will begin.

2: Infantry wins firefights, tanks win battles, artillery wins wars. Step 2 is the purchasing of the artillery. I will be making a artillery siege list so I will need lots. With the forge world DKoK list I can bring basilisk guns in heavy support and heavy mortars in elite. Lots of guns!! Forge world however is very expensive. About $100 for the earthshaker, and $30 for heavy mortars. I will be using of manufacturers world war one weapons. All the forge world guns for DkoK are based on real weapons from the great war. Here's the link my imgur album which has all the pictures:

http://imgur.com/e4JYPZx,dnqEnNK,v5e2sbb,Gwq2Ts6,eybIml4,hNHTWag,mSESevR,AQugwIP,eqCDkZ9,9eDimNj,hDD4Qel#10

Buying the artillery I need will conclude step 2.

3: final step in the foreseeable future. I will be buying actual forge world DKoK models. HQ squads, commissars, tanks, other things I can't find third party.

This is what I have so far. I will be posting pictures  as I assemble and paint models.
2k Dark Angels
4k Grey Knights
4k Imperial Guard

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Death Korp of Krieg project log
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 10:01:17 AM »
Sounds awesome, I'm looking forward to see how it goes for you and any little tricks or money saving tips I can pick up as I have always wanted to do a DKoK army.

Have you seen their new Army list in Imperial Armour 12 Fall of Orpheus, the Assault Brigade? The Assault Brigade is pretty sweet Its where I plan on starting my Death Korp of Krieg army, Grenadiers in Storm Chimeras, Combat Engineers behind Hades Breaching drills, Platoons of Death Riders, and of-coarse no DKoK is complete without some Quartemaster cadres, o man I can't wait.
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"

Offline Bad Wolf

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Fearless 40k
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 10:24:28 AM »
Yeah looked interesting but then I would have to get that book whereas the siege regiment is free. Also I really like the fluff of a siege artillery regiment, I can do 6 guns easily at 1000 points. And with the cheap historical minis it won't cost much. Good idea though, il check it out after I can a few thousand points of artillery
2k Dark Angels
4k Grey Knights
4k Imperial Guard

Offline Bad Wolf

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Fearless 40k
Death Korp of Krieg project log
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 06:51:56 AM »
I have created a  cover for my DKoK codec, I will print it out and staple it to the army list. Juat something I did when I was bored.
2k Dark Angels
4k Grey Knights
4k Imperial Guard

Offline Bad Wolf

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Fearless 40k
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 04:38:49 AM »
Update January  14th, 2012

Two recent developments in the past few days. First, I have started witting the fluff and background on my regiment, it will be the 273rd Siege Regiment. I will post that when it is done. Second, I am selling all of my other 40k stuff on ebay to fund this. My Nids and Daemons are currently on ebay and both have one bid. I'm hoping to get $1,000 for them which is more than I payed for so I'm content. I am also working on planning out what I will be buying. That will be posted later today.
2k Dark Angels
4k Grey Knights
4k Imperial Guard

Offline Bad Wolf

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Fearless 40k
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 11:34:25 AM »
Second update January 14th 2014.

I have created the list I am going to buy first. I may change it up a bit later to add more artillery. I put the full points in because the codex pdf is free so I don't think it violates anything. Geneal tactics are just to hang out in back, artillery targets scoring units, infantry protects the artillerty and the rapiers target tanks.

HQ: 195
Company Command Squad, 105
-          Vox

Commissar-General, 90
                  -      Power Sword, Carpace Armor

Troops: 550
1st Platoon, 275
-          Command

-          3 Infantry squads with GL

2nd Platoon, 275
-          Command

-          3 Infantry squads with GL

Elites: 355
2 Heavy Mortars, 110
2 Thudd Guns, 110
3 Rapier Lasers, 135

Heavy Support: 300
2 Earthshakers, 100
2 Medusas, 200

Aegis Defense Line, Quad Gun, 100m
2k Dark Angels
4k Grey Knights
4k Imperial Guard

Offline Bad Wolf

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Fearless 40k
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 07:30:00 PM »
Third update January 14th 2014

Alright after following some random links and weird sections of Google, I have discovered two websites that make recasts of forge world products. These are dirt cheap like $30 for a Death Korp infantry squad. My two concerns of the quality of the product, and ordering from china. I have placed a small order from each website to test each out. So far they both have shipped and have working tracking numbers. I will be posting pictures when they arrive. 
2k Dark Angels
4k Grey Knights
4k Imperial Guard

Offline Bad Wolf

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Fearless 40k
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 02:46:42 PM »
recast command squad and comissar came in today. Very happy with the quality and shipping time. Still not sure if i will order from recasters. My current plan is to split the infantry between FW and recasters, and buy heavy weapon teams from FW. We shall see

sorry for the bad quality photo, my new phone doesn't have a very good camera
2k Dark Angels
4k Grey Knights
4k Imperial Guard

Offline Hawkeye299

• The Hawkboss
  • Global Moderator
  • Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 08:29:06 AM »
Sounds interesting and looking good, can't wait for some more on this.

The guide for the cheaper death korps is certainly a cool one.

hawk  ;D

Offline Bad Wolf

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Fearless 40k
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 01:18:13 PM »
thanks for the interest, once I get a few thousand points I will condense this into a step-by-step guide.
2k Dark Angels
4k Grey Knights
4k Imperial Guard