Author Topic: Chaos Daemon Prince  (Read 2439 times)

Offline Thodin-Torzak

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Chaos Daemon Prince
« on: April 14, 2014, 11:09:18 PM »
Hi all! I'm just getting back into 40K after being away from the hobby for a very long time. I'm rebuilding my Khorne army with a Daemon Prince as the cornerstone model. My DP is a wip that I started but never finished until now. I didn't notice any threads for DP's so I was wondering what thoughts and or advice you have regarding running one in your army. 
Thanks!
ps...here a few pic's of my wip DP.

Offline tomjashroom

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Daemon Prince
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 11:36:29 AM »
looks demented

Offline Thodin-Torzak

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 12:04:26 PM »
Thanks Tom,
It's a old school kit bash for lack of better terms. OOP flesh hound, nid's, skaven rat ogre, blood thirster arm.... I did most of the sculpting with supper sculpty. Being it was all metal I could put it in the oven to cure it. Try that now...haha. Made some minor changes to my DP. I'll be posting them up in a few days.

Thanks for the comments.
Thodin

Offline Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 01:49:00 PM »
I was just going to ask for the parts/bitz also before scrolling down- a few I could see in the model.

I like princes a ton, but find that in larger point games you need two or three for them to work- two base or two + 1 allies from the daemons book.

That said, with a set of wings they are a blast to play!
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline Thodin-Torzak

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 12:15:42 PM »
Hey Fritz,
Thanks for the info. Just sawed of those nid claws on my DP's left arm and replaces them with a smaller claws/fingers from an old Spawn model, I think it was the Violator that I picked up at a goodwill shop for bitz many yrs ago. I'll be posting some new pic's soon!

Thanks,
Thodin

Offline tannibal_lecter

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 03:11:52 PM »
This looks amazing! I would turn and run away if I saw this coming up the field at me :p

I second using at least two. I have two, I'm gunning for three. I love running one up each side of the table. It takes my opponent a full turn of shooting everything he has to take one down, so I get one up to his front line and it gives my weaker scoring units a chance to breathe for at least two turns. With 7th edition, it sounds like Daemon Princes will be even harder to deal with.

Offline Bowlzee

• Keeper of Secrets
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
  • Slave to Slaanesh
    • View Profile
    • Slave To Slaanesh
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 03:07:21 AM »
This looks amazing! I would turn and run away if I saw this coming up the field at me :p

I second using at least two. I have two, I'm gunning for three. I love running one up each side of the table. It takes my opponent a full turn of shooting everything he has to take one down, so I get one up to his front line and it gives my weaker scoring units a chance to breathe for at least two turns. With 7th edition, it sounds like Daemon Princes will be even harder to deal with.

Agreed I take two, and a Soul Grinder. Works out pretty well for me!

Here's my latest BR with 2 DP's in a 1650pt game: http://slavetoslaanesh.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/daemons-vs-dark-angels-1650-pts.html

Offline Thodin-Torzak

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 09:40:26 PM »
Thanks for the great coments tannibal_lecter & Bowlzee! Here are some updated pic's of the new claw and my rendition of the Black Mace. The power fist/lighting claw will be added to it's third arm with greenstuff. The unlucky Space Wolf is also a wip. I have a few surprises to still add to him as well!  Only if I could split myself in half and be able to crank on my army all day while my other half is at work...lol :D

Offline Thodin-Torzak

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 09:46:44 PM »
Also giving him some power armor, the chest plate i sculpted with greenstuff as well. the rest of the power armor will be made up from bits. The Black mace was constructed with 2 front legs of an oop Khorne Juggie. Then I added the face plates to the back of the mace. It comes off so I can still use the handle for my next project, the Murder sword & Axe combo!

Thanks again
Thodin