Author Topic: how to make a big mek with kustom force field wysiwyg  (Read 2158 times)

Online thrst77

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
how to make a big mek with kustom force field wysiwyg
« on: September 14, 2016, 10:44:52 PM »
Alright guys, I am thinking about starting da orks and I want everything to be wysiwyg but I cant find a official model for the big mek with kustom force field...
Make em do da burny dance!

Offline Lakey Wargames

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Lakey Wargames Youtube Page
Re: how to make a big mek with kustom force field wysiwyg
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 03:29:50 AM »
Hey Thrst77 there used to be a GW Big mek with KFF but they seem to of made the model disappear without giving us a new one, which sucks! :(

If you're still wanting an official model for him then you can still find him on ebay and places like that. The only thing close to that right now made my GW is you can make a KFF Big mek but only in mega armour. Though if you buy that box just make the 3 Mega armoured Nobz then use the KFF bits left over in the box to make your own Big mek with KFF. :)
Please checkout Lakey Wargames over on Youtube for all kinds of tutorials, discussions, lets builds and more! :)

Lakey Wargames Youtube:
 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgqSruhp2yl2gyqhiTuSrEA

Offline HiveDweller

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 01:02:03 PM »
I converted my own Big Mek with Kustom Forcefield a day ago.

Offline new@40k

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 03:55:35 PM »
That looks good, I didn't realize they didn't make the kff big mek anymore. Just checked eBay and there are still some of them floating around but no need I like the way yours turned out. Mine is fine cast and if I find myself needing a second I will probably do a conversion also. There are quite a few hq options that don't have official models, I.e. Warboss on bike (unless you buy forge world) and painboy on bike would be nice too although technically not a hq anymore.

Offline HiveDweller

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 10:55:35 AM »
I'd like to get in some warbiker conversions in with my own warboss and other hqs/nobz in the summer. And if you want I can show you other angles of the big mek. I started priming him and forgot I didn't document him with any pictures.

Offline victorman

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 04:19:45 PM »
Yeah the kff struggle is real. Upon returning to the game i trashed my warboss to big mek conversion because I wasn't happy with the quality of the conversion. So now i'm at square one.

The big mek on a warbike is what I may end up converting next. most of my existing army is trukks, bwagons, koptas and bikes so this seems appropriate to keep up with the rest of my army.

looking at the rules for kff it sounds like a unit has to be entirely within the radius of 1 kff to get the cover. in other words if a unit with some models 9" from 1 kff and the rest 9" from another kff wouldn't receive the benefits of the either. is this right?

Offline new@40k

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 06:42:40 PM »
Yes for the kff to have any effect the unit must be completely within 9" of the kff. Would be awesome if 2 kff's could overlap and cover each other like that though. Wish it was worded that friendly ork "models" that are completely within 9" got the 5+ invulnerable save.

Offline leE7_G4M3r

• Battle Brother
  • Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 09:54:25 AM »
If you are still looking to convert a big mek with kustom force field, there are kff bits in the dakkajet / wazbom / burna-bomma / blitza-bomma box that you could use, and get an awesome ork flyer with it.
WAAAGH!

Offline BorntobeMild

• Initiate
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 02:18:52 PM »
The morkanaut kit has a really, really big one that'd look dumb. The Ork Jet kit has one that's the same bit as the one the old model used to have. So, just get yourself a mek and glue it to their back.
On a WAAAAGGHHHHH since 1999.