Author Topic: veteran switch to DE > skilled imput plz  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Chaotic Neutral

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Neutral
veteran switch to DE > skilled imput plz
« on: May 12, 2017, 05:57:58 PM »
hello.
after following fritz's youtube channel for a very long time, i decided to stop lurking and finally post.
i have been playing competitive space wolves and necrons for many years (the game since 2nd).
i would like to switch to pure dark eldar for 8th edition for better or worse, as i enjoy the challenge of a finesse force (not to mention the excellent models).
i realize the new rules have not come out yet, but would still ask for help with starting my model collection.
i am older and money is no object.
what pure dark eldar models and load outs are probable must includes for a solid list that will not auto-flop if played correctly?
i ask now so that i may get a head start on the hobby process.
thank you very much for any help you may provide.
chaotic neutral follows his whims, resents restrictions, challenges traditions and is an individualist first and last.

Offline SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: veteran switch to DE > skilled imput plz
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 03:55:29 AM »
Raiders have already been revealed to be a powerful Jink beast, better than the potent ability they have right now even.  It's a solid delivery of some of the Dark Eldar Special Weapons and if they stay as they are, that will be a strong force.  Venom Spam looks like it will still see play with the added potency of getting that charge, you may even have a real reason to take Assault units in some and Weapon units in others.  It might, just might, end up being worth the effort of adding variation to the Spam.  I personally still love the Jetbikes and Jump Pack unit, because even though they are weak to getting shot, they have their prey and they excel at hunting it.  I play Ynnari but my Dark Eldar do a lot of lifting themselves, usually at targets softened up by Illic Nightspear's Rangers, but that's just my playstyle.

Incubi are potent, as long as they get where they need to be.  I can't help but figure they'll be even more potent in the next edition, Rending with that massive glaive at a rate that just puts Marines in the ground.  Mandrakes though are THE unit that players better than me rave about.  If they are played right, in a way that I just can't do apparently, they do am amazing amount of work.  I just don't get it, but on the table I've seen them consistently perform, and I've never been able to do it myself.

Offline Morollan

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: veteran switch to DE > skilled imput plz
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 10:52:58 AM »
We know as close to zero as makes no difference about how DE will work in 8e. Even with a Faction Focus article coming out later today I doubt we'll learn that much. I would seriously hold fire until 8e and the army book drops.