Author Topic: Which Army To Play?  (Read 2498 times)

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
Which Army To Play?
« on: December 09, 2013, 11:31:40 AM »
So before I even get to figuring out what Iím going to run for the first part of the league- 200 point Kill Team Fritzy needs to figure out what faction he is going to represent.

Personally for this event I want to use it as both a way to play something different AND motivate me to build out another army- a little pressure and encouragement from you guys will go a long way, and to those of you starting new armies Iíll keep you motivatedÖ

Something different means no Eldar, Tyranid, or Necrons since I always seem to naturally gravitate towards these armies.
Motivation means finishing one of my many 40K projects that have kind of been languishing for a bit.

So Iím going to be throwing my lot in with the imperial forces with a pre-heresy Death Guard army.

The army kind of got started a while back and I lost focus and now it is in a state of disrepair and conversion hell.
Mortarion would be outraged! 

Iíll be using codex space marines since there is a ton for me to still explore in there, like figuring out what chapter traits to use, and I want to build the army out using mostly conversions (which Iím not that good at), beaky helmets, and some of the older OOP models like the metal dreadnoughts and land speeders.

PLUS I regularly donít play space marines as much other than my Black Templars and the ďnewĒ factor will be very exciting to me.

Iím finalizing my 200 point list and will have some pics and post the WHY of the list in the 200 point section when ready!
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline Sadclown

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Which Army To Play?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 02:02:12 PM »
I am going with Dark Eldar because I have about 1000 points of Dark Eldar that are not paint.  I'll only need to buy one box of Reaver Jetbikes and one Ravager to have a well rounded 1000 point list.

Offline Nteger

• Supporter
  • Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 09:45:41 PM »
I think I understand that the point of an escalation league is to start a new army, but if I'm still working on the first 1000 points of my first army, is that valid, or do I need to start a new one?

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 10:09:45 PM »
You can play any army- one you already have, one you are working on or even a new one . The idea of the league is to play some 40k as a forum community and motivate you with some army ideas.
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline Bowlzee

• Keeper of Secrets
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
  • Slave to Slaanesh
    • View Profile
    • Slave To Slaanesh
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 10:17:32 PM »
Vassal games count? I only ask, because some of us are quite remote!

Offline UnitedWarGamers

• Battle Brother
  • Space Marines, Tyranids, Lizardmen, Tomb Kings
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 10:42:06 PM »
This may be a good way for me to get working on my Tyranids and use my new airbrush.  I have a lot of models I got off someone and they need TLC badly.  I'll be posting Pic in the Gallery because I don't know how to use [img [/img yet.

Offline Skari

• Brother Captain
  • SkaredCast
    • View Profile
    • Main Channel Resource
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 11:32:11 PM »
Im thinking my DE.
Support me on the Patreon Page:
http://patreon.com/skaredcast

make sure you check out my blog:
http://skaredcast.blogspot.com
youtube channel
http://youtube.com/skaredcast

Offline Khe-Loc

• Inquisitor Lord
  • Red goes faster .... and so does Saim-Hann
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 03:51:25 AM »
Iīll play Eldar I guess, time to bring out the Mantle!!!

Offline SailorCSN

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 10:16:25 AM »
I recomend ORKS. That would be new, unexpected, and just fun. Fritz, think about the suprise factor. The lack of an ork presence in the 40k universe. And CC is not dead, it just requires a Red Paint Job
So many books, so many Burning questions.

Online steam

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 03:34:17 PM »
 I will take red corsairs.

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 10:24:20 AM »
My main army is Eldar with Dark Eldar allies so I'm not going to use them but I  can't decide on who I should take. I have my Dark Angels, Imperial Guard and Chaos Marines(Night Lords) also some the Orks from Assault on Black Reach. Honestly its between the Angels, Chaos and Guard but I can't decide. I plan on adding allies in the higher point games so I was thinking of Starting with Guard and then I can go with Either the Dark Angels or the Chaos as allies later. I guess i could always play my Dark Angels as regular Marines also but I have been painting them like Dark Angels and don't like doing that.

I just don't know the Indecision is killing me, I would appreciate anyones suggestions.
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"