Author Topic: 200 point Kill team tweaks?  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Breng77

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
200 point Kill team tweaks?
« on: December 09, 2013, 11:47:08 AM »
Fritz,

You may need to put in some tweaks for how some things work in the game.

For example Brotherhood of Psykers?  Is each model an independent psyker?  Do they roll powers separately? Can each one cast a power/produce a warp charge?

Pink Horrors are extremely powerful if each one generates a separate power, and still very powerful if they can each cast a power (you could take 22ish of these guys if they each cast their own power that is 44D6 s 5 shots per turn).

Also since models can shoot more than one target, how does deny the witch work with that type of shooting?

Any restrictions on Flyers, Vehicles, or Monsterous creatures?  A Necron Night Scythe could be uber powerful at 200 points, as any flyer.  A Dread could be also very powerful, or a MC (flying or otherwise) though I think most of these are priced out a riptide could be very powerful...

Just food for thought.

Offline Breng77

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 200 point Kill team tweaks?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 11:48:17 AM »
ok saw the no flyer thing so at least that is good.

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 12:30:41 PM »
Some things at 200 points are going to be a bit wonky, but as the rules are laid out- you buy powers and stuff as a unit, roll for them as a unit, and then at the start of the game each model is considered to be their own "unit". Similar ideas with getting in and out of a transport.

I'm hoping my Death Guard will get a crack at your daemons at the club.
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline Breng77

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 02:13:48 PM »
I'm for it.  not sure I'd run 22 Pink Horrors but I'm for a fun 200 point list.  It would be a nice change up from big games all the time...while I like playtesting my army, if I could get 2-4 200 point games at the club it would be a blast.

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 09:20:48 AM »
In the new Killteam rules the Psyker and Brotherhood of psyker special rules have no effect.
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"

Offline Fagerlund

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • 40K BatReps
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 09:43:10 AM »
In the new Killteam rules the Psyker and Brotherhood of psyker special rules have no effect.
No, only Brotherhood of Psykers has no effect. Doesn't say anything about Psykers.
Check out my battle reports!
http://40kbatreps.blogspot.se/
Combined with some various hobby stuff from time to time.

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 09:48:25 AM »
No, only Brotherhood of Psykers has no effect. Doesn't say anything about Psykers.

Sorry your right, I don't know where I got that from.
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"