Author Topic: New Formation Bundles  (Read 2049 times)

Offline Wake325th

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • wake325th
New Formation Bundles
« on: June 30, 2013, 02:01:51 PM »
So what's the opinion on the new formation bundles? And especially since a few of them are more expensive than buying the models separately!

Personally I question the decision to make them at all, seeing as I imagine only 20% of hobbyists can even dream of buying them, and half of them having the good sense not to. However, what does GW have to lose by bundling products they already make together? I mean, other than us complaining, which we do anyway I suppose. But still, I hope GW starts to care a bit more about how they treat us :/

Offline IDICBeer

• Supporter
  • Supporter
  • Chapter Master
  • The Wonders of Warhammer 40k
    • View Profile
    • IDICBeer 40k
Re: New Formation Bundles
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 02:08:23 AM »
I suppose it's no different than going to Asda and buying a pack of nine toilet rolls when buying four is actually cheaper! lol. I suppose GW just want to get the Apocalypse game in our faces. As a non Apocalypse player, it is nice to see what the formations are, but as you say, how many are they actually going to sell, and why not make them cheaper?

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 09:47:09 AM »
IMO they should of put some sort of discount on them especially if they want to sell more. They put a discount on the new Eldar 3for deals so why not for things that are 100s of dollars. it just makes sense.
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"

Offline Slartibartfast

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 09:05:51 PM »
GW is "thinking big".  I really think they're feeling out the market to see where our price ceiling is.  Only they will ever know the results.

If you look at the formation rules they're pretty liberal.  You really don't need to take those fancy formations to make the game work.  Just take all your marines and stuff them in rhinos. razorbacks and land raiders and call it an armored spearhead.  The way I read the rules that's fine.

Offline MooseGreen

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 08:59:58 PM »
There is no bulk discount because they don't want 3rd parties to purchase and resell individually.

Offline MRmehman

• Battle Brother
  • DENY TEH WITCH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 02:37:04 PM »
Ehhh, they're ok.
TEH BANEBLADZ, THERE EVERYWHERE!!!