Author Topic: New Storm Troopers and Transport  (Read 1620 times)

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
New Storm Troopers and Transport
« on: March 09, 2014, 11:00:36 AM »
Well lt looks like IG is getting new Storm Troopers, Transport and what looks like a Storm Trooper Minidex in the beginning of April. The Date I saw for these I think was the Beginning of April so I think the new IG(Astra Militarum)codex will be in the First IG wave maybe. Next week is rumored to be a 2nd Chaos release of Chosen and Havocs but after that could be the IG Codex with a Ogryn Box and some Characters followed by these.

I like the stormtroopers and the Berets are cool and all but I hope there is more helmeted head options. The Idea of them Having there own mini-dex(called Militarum Tempestus) is well odd but depending on their rules could be cool to bring them alongside other armys without having to take HQ and troops.

OK now the transport, LOL I don't know what to say about this thing, I guess it could be for the Ogryns. It seems like they were trying to make something like The Armys MRAP but crossed it with He-mans Vehicle and sent it to Pimp my Ride. Its gotta be the goofiest thing i've seen in a while, doing a conversion and giving it wheels instead might help some but honestly i'll stick to Chimeras and Forge Worlds Salamanders. But Decide for Yourself heres some of the picks I found.

"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"

Offline Bowlzee

• Keeper of Secrets
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
  • Slave to Slaanesh
    • View Profile
    • Slave To Slaanesh
Re: New Storm Troopers and Transport
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 08:23:28 PM »
Stormtroopers look really good!

I'm not sure how I feel about the transport though... It does grow on me every time I see it. Stormtroopers will look awesome as inquisitorial troops.

Offline Face Eater

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 10:07:45 AM »
What am I looking at here?

If those are the new storm troopers, then it's definitely different direction, but they are nice models with good detail and good looking armour. But what do they mean by Scions. Is that the command squad version of the kit? Does the other version look as fancy.

Not sure what to think about the vehicle. We have needed a truck for the IG for while and it looks like serious military truck but I was expecting a tank (even though this might be more useful). It's a bit busy (not detail wise, can't really have too much of that, but there's more decoration than I'm used to) and not a great picture. So I'd like to see other pictures before delivering a verdict.

Offline steam

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 04:20:45 AM »
 I am not an IG player. But, I like that transport. It looks diferent from other transports, so its cool.
 And I think I found my henchmen.

Offline AXEBLADE

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 03:29:04 AM »
The transport looks very much like the GW ork battlewagon. Just without all of the glyphs/gubbins that the orks put on them

Offline Face Eater

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 05:53:41 AM »
The transport looks very much like the GW ork battlewagon. Just without all of the glyphs/gubbins that the orks put on them

I thought that, not so much the battle wagon, but some of the forgeworld trucks IMHO. Kinda justifies why they have to have tracks on IG vehicles, if it had beg wheels and a little bit of orkification it would be right there.