Author Topic: Eldar showcase, lets see your Eldar army!  (Read 31150 times)

Offline embolden

• Grand Master
  • Harlequin
    • View Profile
Eldar showcase, lets see your Eldar army!
« on: October 18, 2014, 01:23:52 AM »
Inspired by Mcphro, I would love to see your Eldar army!  ;D

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 03:11:08 PM by bladeiai »
AKA: Rob

Element Games Referral Code: ROB745

Embolden Eldar Log

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
Re: Eldar showcase, lets see your Eldar army!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 05:14:29 AM »
Heh, why not?  :) I've got few pictures in my phone, so here they are!

Part 1
We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 05:15:42 AM »
Part 2
We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 05:17:02 AM »
And, Part 3

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 05:19:49 AM »
Sorry for the bad quality, as I said, just a few quick pictures from my phone, which I have at hand.

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 10:00:20 AM »
Rameses. I am SO humbled by your painting. I need to get a move on with my army now. Loved your bases as well.

Can I ask you. Can you go through the steps on how you painted your harlequins? Especially the diamonds...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 10:02:04 AM by mcphro »

Offline embolden

• Grand Master
  • Harlequin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 02:24:29 PM »
Looks great Ramses!!  8) Thanks for sharing! I hope others can follow suit  ;D

Embolden Eldar Log

Offline embolden

• Grand Master
  • Harlequin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 02:26:20 PM »
My 1650pt Tournament Serpent Spam Army:

Embolden Eldar Log

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 05:18:26 PM »
Rameses. I am SO humbled by your painting. I need to get a move on with my army now. Loved your bases as well.

Looks great Ramses!!  8) Thanks for sharing! I hope others can follow suit  ;D

Thank you, guys! In time, I'll make some better photos. To be honest, I do not think the army is somehow special, my painting methods are just elementary. There's just layering and highlighting - and a lot of black wash, lol. 

Also, the bases are super-easy, both modelling and painting. My current Grey Knight bases have taken my skill a bit higher, at least with regard to my modelling skills (as I do not have time to paint my Grey Knight army, I commisioned it from Wingsmooth Painting. At this very moment, these guys are working on like 3rd wave of models - two Dreadknights, two Land Raiders, Storm Raven and two GK Storm Talons).

Can I ask you. Can you go through the steps on how you painted your harlequins? Especially the diamonds...

Oh, nothing special:

- I'll usually start with a spot on the model, which catches the eye most. Like, when painting diamonds on a leg, I'll centre myself on the thigh. Centre of the thigh, more precisely - the first diamond to be painted would be basis for all the others, so you have to think about it a bit.
- I'll roughly splats two colors on the chosen place, one color in the place of the first diamond, second color on the place of the 4 surrounding diamonds.
- After that, I'll draw the black lines which should divide the diamonds.
- The rest is tiresome work. As you may noticed, I am doing mostly red-green patterns so far. So red paint is highlighted by orange, green by light green. The highlights have to be very thin, same as the black line between the diamonds. Most of the time, it looks like this: I'll paint (for example) orange highlight. OK, not perfect enough, so I'll repaint a bit by the black line. But that damages the green diamond next to the red one, so I'll repair it. But the repair damages the black line, so repairing this one... Etc, etc, etc., until it's perfect. Or, until you don't have strenght to continue, lol.
- You have to add other diamonds one after one. Very good thing is, to roughly prepare the pattern of black lines. Be really, really careful, so these lines are straight and even! They will affect the shape of the diamonds created afterwards (as these are, simply speaking, created between the black lines). The diamonds have to be the same size, as otherwise it looks, well, amateur.

Need to be said, it's much more easier than it looks. All you need is a steady hand, lot of patience and lot of time. I have not painted any Harlequin for like 2 years now, but I remember, that every single model (out of these I have painted so far) took me like a week of time. Every day, when I got back from work, I took the brush and continued. After a week, I finished the model and moved to next one. Now, I have like 8 finished models, so it took me (simple math) like 2 months. But it was a good time, I am specially proud of the Shadowseer, this guy is really great, imo.

Just the idea of spending soooooooo much time with painting the rest of my Harlequin force (in near future) drives me crazy, lol.

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 10:09:53 PM »
I dont have any of the new harlequins, as I managed to pick up 25 of the old ones.. like from the 1990's.

I was thinking about doing both squads in its own diamond colour to distinguish itself from the other troop. Also makes sense as you would have 2 troops.

I don't use harlequins very much. Last time I took them, they ran all over the board trying to get to the opponents...were really a waste of points.

I DO wonder what 3 squads of Harlequins would be like in 3 DE Venoms. I dont have any of those either, but 3 Shadowseers, 4 Harlequins with kisses in assault...

Offline embolden

• Grand Master
  • Harlequin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 02:02:41 PM »
Anyone else wanting to share??  ;D

Embolden Eldar Log

Online DCannon4Life

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 03:21:19 PM »
Here's a pic of an 1850 I played at a recent tournament. Nothing too fancy, just table-top quality really.

First, you must learn Balance. --Miyagi

Offline Coreytt

• Battle Brother
  • BasementWarGaming
    • View Profile
    • Basement War gaming
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 04:24:22 PM »
Really love those serpents Dcannon! Freeeshh
Check out some solid batreps, tyranid tactics and up and coming campaigns! We keep it classy in the basement: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMWop_5Uq3ZsEZysVR-Y73g

Offline weidekuh

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2014, 05:02:28 PM »
Hey DCannon, one of my Wraithknight has also a spear made of two swords. I should take a picture of my Iyanden army. Maybe tomorrow, when the light is better. ;)

Offline Kayreios

• Brother Captain
  • "This is the best that bikes are going to get..."
    • View Profile
    • Painted Gribblies - Miniature Critique + WIP + Blargh
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2014, 10:13:16 PM »