Author Topic: eversor assassin  (Read 1601 times)

Offline SailorCSN

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
eversor assassin
« on: November 10, 2014, 05:54:48 PM »
Has anyone used this model? How? And did it preform?
So many books, so many Burning questions.

Offline SailorCSN

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: eversor assassin
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 05:55:44 PM »
Other than the vindicare assasin, what assasins have you used and how? What eorks for you?

Offline SailorCSN

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 06:56:13 PM »
Had to proxy this one, did not exactly do well. I'll have to try some of the others

Offline majordamage

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 08:56:20 AM »
I made my own custom Eversor assassin because I did not want to spend 37$ (I am in Canada) on the GW one. He does pretty well but he is best at dealing with small to medium squads, not mobs. I am going to try and play with him and my space marines. Gonna bring some big scary guns and try to make my opponent forget about the assassin haha!
  • Space Marines: around 4000, Tau 1500

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 09:20:21 AM »
I have faced the execution force on multiple occasions and can say as an Eldar player that the Culexus(Too effective) and Callidus are effective (although the Callidus needs to be used wisely) whereas the other two haven't really been any problem at all.

Offline TxLrrp

• Battle Brother
  • Baals Out! Balls Deep! Baals, Baals, Baals!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 09:37:41 AM »
I use the Cullexus in a fast rhino to great effect. You shoot in the Pychic Phase so you can flat out during shooting and get into cover. The Callidus is also great with the AP2 Template and fairly good in HTH, but the Cullexus is king. I've faced the Vindicare quite a bit and they never seem to earn back their points in my experience. I haven't seen the Eversor on the table, much if at all. I'm sure there is a reason for that.
  • Blood Angels & Necrons

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 02:49:38 PM »
Eversor's need to be taking out devestator squads and the like. Small unsupported squads with 3+ or lower armour. Otherwise they won't be points effective and they'll get shot down.
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Offline goodguy

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 09:09:01 AM »
I haven't played with the other assassins yet but I have played with the Vindicare.  It's only been a few games but every one I played against always freaked out and launched everything short of a nuclear strike on him (I;m sure they would have if they could).  He seems to be amazing at drawing aggro for a turn or if you are luck two or three.  One time a HQ an a terminator squad deep struck specifically to take him out in the back corner of the table away from all the other action.  He hasn't killed very much in my few games with him but the distraction he causes is priceless.  He'll continue to be in every one of my Grey Knights lists just to be a outstretches arm and extended middle finger to GW and the writers of the 7th edition Grey Knights book.  I say that as generally a GW advocate too. 

That being said I the Culexus is probably the best and most useful assassin bar none.  I've tried really hard to come up with a solid use of the Callidus aside from just a suicide deep strike.  She might be able to pull it off but I need to play a few games with her.  The Eversor seems to be the red headed step child of the assassin world.  I've heard him being used as a guided missile and just going straight for a single target and hope that he makes it and that the rest of your army causes enough of a distraction for him.  Or maybe he could be a distraction for the rest of your army.  The only time I've considered using him is in smaller point games or as part of the execution force.

Speaking of which I was excited to hear that someone has played against the execution force.  I'd be curious about how it performed and whether or not it seemed effective.