Author Topic: Necrons in Shield of Baal: Exterminatus  (Read 5338 times)

Offline Unholyllama

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Necrons in Shield of Baal: Exterminatus
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 09:18:41 AM »
Edge of Eternity smells for my with Warscythe nerf. Also I'm slightly worried with Warlord trait that gives "warlord's melee weapon a Haywire". Right now I don't think anyone would like to have to have Haywire on Warscythe as armorbane is enough. So will new Warscythe be without armorbane, with AP2? Or will it cost be 15-20 points?

If the warscythe only exists as a relic, then I would agree I'd be concerned.  As for a weapon gaining Haywire, yes it would be a terrible trait that you'd want to reroll if your warlord has an armourbane weapon.  7th edition changing Haywire to be "instead of" rolling normal armour penetration definitely is a pain.  But let's be honest here, Necrons have never really had issues with anti-armor.

Offline Unholyllama

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 07:32:06 AM »
Something I noticed last night....

Only the C'tan formation in the book can be taken currently.  Formations don't (normally) prevent you from taking Dedicated Transports; however, the older codex (of which only the Necron book remains) don't allow you to take Dedicated Transports as Fast Attack options.  So the 2 formations that require a Ghost Ark, arguably cannot be taken with the current book since we are unable to take a Ghost Ark outside of them being dedicated transports (which we can still take for the Warriors and Immortal squads in the formation).

Offline The Overlord

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 09:45:57 AM »
Here's the formations!