Author Topic: Is the vulcha squad the best 750 point list?  (Read 828 times)

Offline Gorkamorka85

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Is the vulcha squad the best 750 point list?
« on: January 24, 2015, 07:09:19 PM »
So I am about to start an escalation league and we are starting at 750 points and must be battle forged with no super heavies. So I have been working with several lists and have so far concluded that vulcha squad from the ghazzy supplement might just be my best option at such low points. For just under 750 I can take three 20 man units with nobs and power klaws and using da boss as my warlord. This gives me a lot of mobility, high model count, and the ability to kill vehicles with any unit and bounce right on to the next assault.

Has anyone else used this formation yet or played many games at such low point levels? Any feed back, good or bad is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Offline Unholyllama

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Is the vulcha squad the best 750 point list?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 10:29:27 AM »
Da Vulcha Squad is really good at that point level.  Tons of bodies and potential. It has it's weaknesses though.

1. You don't have to do 1 large squad.  This has benefits since many missions will require you to do multiple objectives.  1 unit cannot control more than 1 objective.

2. The large unit can only target 1 unit in the shooting phase.  Obviously, we want to assault things but with all 61 shots if you make the giant unit, you can only shoot at 1 unit which could prevent you from being able to charge since you can't charge a unit you didn't shoot at (if you shot at something).

3. Learn how to do a disordered/multi-charge.  A lot of people don't know how to do this properly.  You need to understand how to do this if you're using large units such as this one or (at larger point ranges) the green tide.