Author Topic: lack of objective secured  (Read 1310 times)

Offline SittingInACorner

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
lack of objective secured
« on: April 21, 2015, 07:06:37 PM »
uh oh! no objective secured! Is this a major hit for a mostly troop army? or does it not matter what are your thoughts!?
(command benefits for the skitarii detachment does not list objective secured, in case you were wondering)

Offline ShadowcatX

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: lack of objective secured
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 10:34:29 AM »
Objective secured is good and getting better, but getting a free turn of movement is really good.
Everything I have ever told you, even this, is a lie.

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 05:37:52 PM »
Objective Secured is a thing of the past.  Very few units really need it.  Plague Marines and Eldar bikes really benefit from it, but other than those mobile and durable types, really, who cares?  You have the tools in the Mechanicus to wipe out a squad on an objective if need be.

I recognize that the #2 list at LVO was an Objective Secured Scout list, but in normal games against normal players, it doesn't play as big a part.  The players with the tactical skill to pull off that sort of game are prolly not using Skitarii and I don't expect them to.  There just aren't enough other tools in the army.  Find the strength of the army and utilize it, but that strength isn't in ObjSec.

Offline WolflordAkela

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 03:22:25 PM »
If Skitarii is similar to Militarum Tempestas, then wouldn't it make sense that the greater codex on its way will probably have the means to get Ob sec?
I have two tables and a storage bin of snowy terrain in the back of my truck, so don't think for one second I won't bring the full fury of Fenris to your damn doorstep.