Author Topic: Cult Codex  (Read 1336 times)

Offline MBrenizer

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Cult Codex
« on: May 24, 2015, 06:46:55 AM »
I've seen the GW intro videos, and figured there'd be more chatter about the Cult Mechanicus codex. I get the sense that there is a huge following for the robots...

I'm assuming Cult and Skitarii codices cover different units. Is the rest of the codex (fluff, etc) overlapping? I'm trying to avoid buying 2 books. Also, I've seen rumors of a third book. Will it combine everything else?

I'm excited for some of the models, but I have no idea how they'll play, so I can't figure out what to buy. These seem like an allied detachment or formation right now, rather than a full army, so I'm hesitating to jump in. Anyone have any hints?

Or is GW releasing this sandwiched between 2 of the most popular codices (Eldar and Marines) so it'll just get lost in the noise for a while?

Offline Sadclown

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Codex
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 04:30:37 PM »
I think it will get lost until some takes a Kastellan Death Star with FnP, IWND, on T7 that allows every robot to shot different targets and put out 9 str6 ap 3 shots, paired with a knight that regains hull points on a roll of 2+ and a cult relic that can repair up to six hull points a turn.

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Codex
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 06:59:15 PM »
Considering Skitarii have Haywire up the wazoo, some fairly impressive weight of fire rules and the Cult have kinda D-weapons on their troops, plenty of ridiculously tough and hard hitting models, they feel like a simple army from my first impressions.  Few tactics on most of the models other than 'get in range and kill' while the Skitarii have some good choices for placement to make that one critical sledgehammer blow where it's needed.

I don't think there's a way to get around buying both books.  Luckily they're cheaper than other codecies, but they both bring some very good stuff to the table.  They're a powerful selection.  I don't think they'll get lost in the least.  But since no one has models from the previous edition of them, new release obviously, there's still time needed to play test them, find what works the best and how to maximize the ridiculous things available.