Author Topic: Tournament report - 750 pts  (Read 1969 times)

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
Tournament report - 750 pts
« on: June 08, 2015, 12:28:07 AM »
My Assassinorum: Execution Force arrived a week ago, so I assembled my assassins and took them to a tournament yesterday. Just a small one, 750 pts, with lots and lots of rules concering army composition - most important, you can't take any unit (except for Troops) more than once.

My "army":

Formation: Execution Force
- Culexus Assassin (Warlord)
- Callidus Assassin
- Eversor Assassin
- Vindicare Assassin

Allied Detachment: Eldar
- HQ: Warlock Conclave (Warlock 1x + Jetbike + Singing Spear)
- Troops: Windrider Jetbikes 3x (Scatter Laser 2x)
- Fast Attack: Vyper (Shuriken Cannon 2x)

My allies were (obviously) intended for some extra firepower and for scoring Tactical Objectives (as 4 single assassins can't really give up the fight they are taking on one side of the battlefield and run to the other side, where is the objective I need to score located).

To be honest, the army is based on such a ridiculous idea, that many a opponent told me, that he was more frightened of the 180 pts of Eldar, than the 570 pts of Assassins.

The report will follow.
We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament report - 750 pts
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 12:28:40 AM »
The missions were always combined Eternal War + Maelstrom of War + kill points (so, ETC style). VPs were added together from all the missions to determine who has won and who has lost. 20 Tournament Points were divided between the two players according to the difference in VPs. I believe that 12 players attended.

Round 1 - Dark Angels

That was discouraging - my opponent played 45 Tactical Marines on foot! Too many to kill, actually. They were led by some DA HQ, don't remember - just that he was a beast in combat, had some S8 sword. The mission was capturing of 4 objectives (so 4 out of the 6 Maelstrom of War objectives were granting you 3VP each, if you were holding them at the end of the game).

I have lost the initiative roll, my opponent went first. I deployed all my Assassins aggressively, both Eversor and Culexus 12" away from his right wing of the army. Callidus 1" away from the same enemy unit on the far right. Eldar were on the other side of the table to harass my opponent.

Turn 1 - my opponent did virtually nothing. Put some shots to my Culexus, but no harm was done. Most of his army (on his left wing and in the center of the table, some 25 marines) opted simply to run. He scored not a single Tactical Objective (bad draws!). From my side, my Callidus single-handedly wiped of first small unit of marines (5 strong), Vindicare sniped off some sergeant (had no LoS to his Warlord), Eversor and Culexus closed for charges in turn 2. Two Tactical Objectives scored (Eldar were amazing for this).

Turn 2, 3, 4 - carnage! His Warlord (+10 marines) charged Culexus. Two rounds of CC and Culexus was down, not even help from Eversor was enough. Lost Eversor one turn later. And turn after that, even Callidus. So the mighty DA character killed all three of my CC Assassins... But, the rest of his army was basically useless. Eldar killed few marines and withdraw to support the Assasins. I had no way how to push my opponent from most objectives, but when the dust settled (Turn 5), he was holding 2, I was holding 1 and contesting another. I was way ahead on the Tactical Objectives though, but a little behind on kill points. We counted and counted... And we both scored 14 VPs, lol.

10:10

Round 2 - Space Marines (Salamanders)

More marines! But this time only 25 of them, two Tactical Squads (on with Drop Pod), Devastators with 4x Missile Launcher and an Ironclad Dreadnaught in another Drop Pod. All led by a Librarian. To be honest, can't remember the Eternal War mission, we both played the game as if it was wipe or nothing  ;D

Let's put it simple - I infiltrated aggressively again. Went second again, withstood the fire (Eversor down to 1 wound). My Warlock killed himself (First Blood for my enemy, lol) when trying to score an objective inside a ruin. My Eldar put some casualties to Devastators, which they failed their morale check and run from the table. And the Assassins needed two turns, before they wiped all the marines in the centre of the table.

Callidus was the star here. She slowed the second Drop Pod and gave me enough time to concentrate on the Tactical Marines + killed about 8 marines by herself.

When Ironcad finally arrived, it was almost the only enemy model on the table left (+ the Drop Pod + 2 or 3 marines). First shot from Vindicare Assassin stunned it, second immobilised and the game was over. Wiped my opponent finally on Turn 7 (that Drop Pod was really annoying, refused to die).

20:0

Round 3 - Necrons

Some Necron Lord, 20x Warriors, 10x Immortals, 5x Lych Guard, 5x Deathmarks. A foot horde army (again). The mission ws Relic.

I went first, finally! Culexus infiltrated on the Relic, muhahaha! Eversor infiltrated next to him, hidden from LoS by a small hill. Callidus infiltrated to left wing of my enemy, next to a unit of Warriors.

Again, the game could be described very simply - Turn 1, my shooting killed like 6 Necron Warriors and two Lych Guard. My enemy killed my Vyper for First Blood. Turn 2, 3, 4 - carnage! Culexus, Callidus and Eversor charged three different units and were slowly chopping them down. Some really lucky rolls from my side, few unlucky ones fro my opponent, and when the game ended on turn 7, all what was left from my enemy was a single Deathmark (yeah, Vindicare was unable to kill the unit in 4 turns of shooting and was killed by the single Necron sniper in Turn 7). That prevented him from being wiped.

17:3

So, all in all, I ended up with 47 tournament points, which was enough for a 2nd place! Was very happy with how my army worked, the Assassins were beasts at these points. But, without Eldar, they would never go so well, the three extra mobile scoring units were really, really needed.

Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 01:49:00 AM by Ramses135 »
We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 06:49:01 AM »
That's awsom I was wondering if marine bikers might work with the assins what do you think.

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 03:32:59 PM »
Not sure about the bikers, they are a bit expensive...

I have now almost two full Execution Forces assembled (with the exception of second Eversore) plus one extra Vindicare. That will be 1290 pts. Now, if I want this kind of army to work on, let's say, 1850 pts, I need to figure out, what allies to add.

What's the army lacking? Anti-air. Possibly anti-horde. Definitely anti-tank. Could have trouble with lots of 2+ armor.

On the other hand, it excels against "conventional" Space Marines. Need to try a match vs Centurionstar with Tigurius - have great chance to wipe them out very quickly.

Any ideas?

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 03:54:09 PM »
What a interesting idea I'm not sure you want ainty tank and hord and you still need some speed maby scouts in a land speeder x 2 with any kit you see fit gives you some large templates plenty of ainty hord and some fast skimmers with troops for around 200 points then for me I'd get some more speeders with meltas and assult cannons maby a typhone. Finaly I'd consider maby some phycic support a librarian would give you a cad set up and its cheep and can ether support scouts or some other unit maby add some termies or centurions to top it off very elite though not much mass.