Author Topic: Chaos army log  (Read 12228 times)

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos army log
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2015, 08:33:49 PM »
You can break up the slides on the bolters with the metal accents, so they'll keep a similarity with the rest of the model without looking too much like the helmet horns.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline PvtShields

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 06:07:34 PM »
Hey all. So I got some time on an airbrush but I foolishly left my paints at home, so I pretty much just got them primed black and some green thrown on some guys, not really worth taking a pic. I also picked up my new green paints, so I'll be finding out how different they are soon.

I painted up 10 marines guns and tried out blue plasma cells. Thanks again to Dirty Harry for the suggestion, I really dig the color I might just work on the how I do it but that's for future me to figure out.

I also played a flames of war game today, on a 8x16 board, I got pics of the thing. I'm going to paint up some more so I'll post pics of it later. I was mainly trying out taking pics of figures on boards for future battle reports. I did manage to flash my opponent in the eyes as he bent down to check LOS. Not today buddy.

Anyways I know I'm not the best painter but I'm happy with how things are progressing. I probably post to many times in here but its fun being back into the hobby, and I guess I'm a bit excited. Thanks again for reading.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2015, 08:42:11 PM »
Yeah, the bone on those weapons was a nice touch. Kind of personifies the weapons being the 'teeth' and 'claws' of your chaos Marines.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline PvtShields

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2015, 05:33:51 PM »
Hey everyone, hope you all had a good Sunday. I was able to get 2 fun games in today, the first against orks and the second against  chaos space marines. This is the first time i fought either army, so i was excited about that. Some how a ton of pictures got corrupted because when  got home i had over 100 black screen pics. Which sucks because i was using these as notes for what happened.
The process of getting the pictures from my phone to my computer is a swirling hellstorm so i will only be putting up 1 report tonight, and its the chaos n chaos because i played it second and its fresher in my mind. Next time ill be taking notes as i play.

Ill post the games turn by turn report, and then just put in all the pictures i have. I wanted to arrange it each post would be a turn with 5 pics but it is what it is. Future reports will get better. So here is my list and then my opponents list to best of my memory.

T was 1850pt, also each player would place 3 objectives marked 1-3. Each turn we would roll 2 d6 for objectives. 1-3 would be control one or 2 objectives with the related number. 5-6 was kill a unit.

Warpsmith
Aura of dark glory

Sorcerer
Terminator armor
Lv 2 sorcerer

9x chaos space marines
Plasmagun
rhino

9x chaos space marines
Plasmagun
rhino

9x chaos space marines
Plasmagun
rhino

4x Terminator
4x combi-melta
1xpowerfist
1xchainfist

4x Terminator
4x combi-melta
1xpowerfist
1xchainfist

Hellbrute
Reaper autocannon
Missile launcher

5xraptors
2xmeltagun

5xhavocs
2xlascannon
Rhino
Havoc launcher

5xhavocs
2xlascannon
Rhino
Havoc launcher

Forgefiend

I rolled telepathy got 3 powers that had no affect on the game. Also my warpsmith got soul blaze warlord trait.

His army as best as i can remember

Typhus with 4 termies, 4 combi melta, 4 powerfist, in a landraider

5x plague marines
2 meltaguns
Powerfist
Rhino

5x plague marines
2 meltaguns
Power fist
Rhino

Like 20-30 zombies

2x maulerfiends

A forgeworld tank with a plasmacannon thing on the turret and 2 lascannon sponsons

A fancy flyer with tons of attacks

Not sure what his warlord trait was, and he got a bunch of nurgle powers.

I won the roll off and let him go first

Deployment
He placed his plasmatankl and maulerfiends on my left flank ( all positions will be given from my persepective of the board to not cause confusion). And everything else was grouped up on the right flank, his zombies behind the building, and his landraider and rhinos all ready to push forward.

I placed my hellbrute and forgefiend on my left flank, i plavced a csm squad in the ruins in my middle. The havocs were placed to hold na objective on my left flank, and get shots on the landraider. The troops placed infront to provide cover.

Turn 1
So he moved everything but his plasmatank forward. His maulerfiends running to reach the objective 3. Some running on the right and rhinos going flat out. His landraider shot, i think causing on glance on a rhino but nothing crazy. His plasmatank shot up my hellbrute immobising it and causing to hull 2 points.

My turn saw small sifting forwards as i wanted to just open up with what ever i could. Lacking any real targets i fire my forgefiend at his front maulerfiend and i cause 1 hull point. Not the ace shooting  was looking for. On the right flank i fired 2 lascannons from 1 havoc squad at his landraider, and 1 hit, further rolling a 6 to blow it up.  I am all that is man!! Some other minor shots dont see any real effect, but what ever, did you see that shot??

Turn 2
His flyer comes on and zips over by typhus. Most of is stuff moves forward some more, his plague marines with plasma pop out of the rhino to fire at my furthest right rhino sitting on objective 2. Combined fire see the rhino wrecked, without enough fire left to do anything to the guys who bailed out. Some fire from also sees its way to forcing a hullpoint my other csm rhino on the right flank. His plasmatank fire at my rhino in the ruin cause 1 hull point. Not much for shooting really, his maulerfiends charge my hellbrute and forgefiend, seeing them both turned to smoking crater....so we square for the landraider?

My turn i get my sorcerer and his 4 termie homies in, i drop them between the maulerfiend and plasmatank to secure objective 3 my current mission. No scatter sees them hit home.  I do nt cast anything because i got nothing i can zap with my mind awesomeness. Shooting sees the already damaged maulerfiend blow up, i went for the easy most likely kill, as i didnt plan for the termies to see the next turn. With no real AA i fire the lascannon havocs from the squad that destroyed the landraider at his flyer, 1 hit, 1 pen, immobilised and crashed. Although this was super sweet, it was balanced out with everything else doing nothing. Take the good with the bad i guess.

Turn 3
(Im not going to lie, some things from this point on may happen at different turns my memory is hazy, i guess due to those sweet lascannon shots i was woozy)

Maulerfiend heads towards my rhino in the ruins. Again most everything moves forward, his chaos spawn zipping past my front line toards my havocs. Combined fire sees my other csm rhino go up, killing 2 guys inside. Leaving them nice and open for typhus. His plasmatank obliterates my termies leaving the sorcerer with 1 wound. I gotta get me one of dem. Some light shooting on the right flank doesnt see much go down. His maulerfiend assaults and kills the rhino, and his spawn assault the rhino with my ace havocs.  i rolled, you guess it, two 6s in overwatch.  Still, he takes out my rhino. Typhus charges in, rolls a 1 for his deamon weapon. My champion meets his challenge and manages to cause 1 wound on typhus. The other marines amazed that their champion is going to kill typhus they do nothing, and then typhus kills my champion, and the other termis kill all but 1. He runs 4.

My raptors come and i drop them next to his plasmatank to hopefully save the sorcerer. Again no scatter leaving me 6 away.  I move the sorc towards his maulerfiend, to get that rear shot. Pretty much everything moves a bit, i get my warpsmith up front to flame his plague bearers. The havocs dont move. Shooting sees little to nothing. The raptors stun/shake the tank and put 2 hull points on it, thus saving the sorcerer. I mass fire at the spawn infront of my havoc squad, causeing 1 wound  think. Not to much going on, im afraid my luck as left me.

Turn 4
Things move forawrd, typhu starts going around my one brave soul. Melta plague marines get out and ready to shoot the guy. Everything moves to good charge positions. Shooting sees my wrpsmith die, all for that 1 flame kill, sad. The one guy suprisingly does not make. His zombies charge the warpsmiths old squad, mauler charges my 9 marines, and the spawn charge my havocs. My csm squad goes down to about 3 guys and i kill 1 or 2 but they hold. The havocs manage to cause 1 wound while receiving none in return.

Now i know its just a meat grinding that im not winning, bu i drop my remaining terme squad in behind typhus. No scatter yet again.  The raptors move to a rear shot position, and blow the tank up, leaving them out of the game for the rest of it.  I fire some havoc and termies at typhus i think killing 2 of his buddies. Things arent looking good on that right flank. The zombie assault sees me lose 1 more and i kill 2, again we stand stronge. The havocs manage to cause another would while taking none in return. Maulerfiend kills 2 more and i hold my ground.

Turn 5
 Hois plague squad and typhus squad postion to stomp my termies into paste, dear god no.
Shooting sees 1 of my termies go down. He mad dashes his plague marines rhino around to the objective by the mmaulerfiend combat to secure it for a point. The zombies bring me down to 1 guy, i kill a coouple again, i mean doesnt it matter? The havoc combat goes stale mate with no side doing anything. I maanage to kill i think 1 termie before typhus and his buddies destroy their faces. Maulerfiend i think wiffs his attacks or only kills 1, to my nothing again we hold.

With little to nothing left and it being the final turn i try desperately to get anything. Alas my luck being gone nothing really happens for me, havocs dont die, the last guy hold against the zombies stopping him from scoring objective 2.

Final score was 8-7 for my opponent.Honestly it was a super fun game, im a little bummed out i couldnt give the full detail this game deserved. With my poor memoy and me having had a 420 break before the game the details were kinda lost. Im sorry i didnt give what our objectives were each turn as i forgot which were in which turn. Again next battle report will see improvement.

My havocs in one of the squads were just the tits. Although the dice went cold for them i couldnt ask for more and they were totally my mvps. This was my second game against flyers so im happy i didnt really feel the lack of AA. My sorcer was dropped in a place he couldnt really do to much, and i dont think ill roll on telepathy again. But i needed obj 3 so they had to drop where they did.

Now ill just post a bunch of pics, they should be in order.  Hope you guys enjoy this, let me know what you think of my list and how i could tweak it. Maybe what moves i could have done different. Also an questions please ask. Thanks for reading.

Offline PvtShields

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos army log battle report with pics
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2015, 05:37:47 PM »
More pics

Offline PvtShields

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2015, 05:42:04 PM »
Those are the chaos spawn in the first pic coming up to my ace havocs.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 06:01:15 PM by PvtShields »

Offline PvtShields

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2015, 05:45:45 PM »
more

Offline PvtShields

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2015, 05:49:48 PM »
So i feel im missing a bunch of pics from the end of the game which sucks. We had to end turn 5 the store was closing.

Offline PvtShields

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2015, 12:36:08 PM »
Hey everyone. So i wanna start by saying sorrying about the quality of the battle rep and pics. Although my opponents didnt mind me taking pics, i did feel bad slowing things down so alot of the quality is crap.

Enough of that though, i got a bit more done on my marines. They are done, with some small touch ups needed and basing to be done. But i wont be doing anymore work on them for a bit, i want to get other models painted up. I tried something different with the weapons bone color, not sure if i like it. I also painted my first flesh being the aspiring champion. Unfortunately i misread my pots and painted on about 3 layers of red before realizing it wasnt brown. But i still dont think he came out to bad, im to scared to try and do his eyes.

I only took a pic of the champion and a plasmagunner, as the rest are pretty much the same, unless someone wants pics of all of them i wont bother until i start doing more detailed work.

Also the champions with no guns are going to be getting some soon, im just not sure if ill give them combi's or not, i wanna try them out a bit first. Anyways hope yous enjoy and thanks for reading.

Offline PvtShields

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2015, 01:16:48 PM »
Hey also forgot to throw in the pics of the rhino's combi bolters. The green was with the new pots i bought. I think they look close enough the same to the rest of the army.

Not sure what ill start next, on the weekend ill be spraying up the havocs green, and their rhinos gray so i won't be doing anything on them til after that. So I'm debating between the following;

-terminator lord
-terminator sorcerer
-hellbrute
-5 raptors

Which ever one it is ill try and get painted for sundays game. Ill try and play a small point game, so i can have maximum painted figures, and it will make taking pics for a battle report much easier. Probably where i should have started in the first place lol.

Anyways ill shut up. Here is pics

Offline PvtShields

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2015, 06:04:33 PM »
So here's what I got for the sorcerer, just deciding what color to do his scabbard and how do go about doing his force weapon. This is using the new paints again. I wanna start coming up with a name and symbol for my army, so I can fill empty shoulder pads with something.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2015, 03:46:01 AM »
Sweet conversion on that sorc. If you wanted to use Typhus's rules, you could definitely use him as a counts as typhus.

Offline Dihunter2

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2015, 03:57:56 AM »
I love the Dark Angel Conversion piece for your librarian. Like i was saying before, my Chaos army will be a newly converted Dark Angel chapter... So I am oping to get the similar effects of the traitor looks... I might even buy a set of DW knights and do conversations, with any luck i can make my own set of bad ass converted guys....  I am still working on finishing up the 2 wings in my Dark Angel army, so i have some time before I'm ready to work on my Chaos... i will be sure to share once i start painting them up. Keep up the good work shields.

Offline PvtShields

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2015, 09:04:23 AM »
Hey everyone. Thanks for the comments guys, yeah i did make him with typhus in mind. I just know that once i run him will want a horde of zombies. I ended up painting up his staff, i duno how i feel about it, i didnt thin the paints enough too so yeah.

I love the DA termies stuff, so good for conversion work. Plus they just look good anyways, i picked up about 4 boxs of space marine terminators and a box od DA termi command squad like a year or so ago and just never used them. I can't wait to see pics of what you got done Dihunter.

So here is the force staff, and i started working on his terminator buddies. Once i get to the lightning claw i think i might try and do lightning effects. My goal is to try and get the 5 termies done by tomorrow but we will see. Anyways thanks again for reading, and commenting.

Offline PvtShields

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2015, 06:06:56 PM »
So i managed to get the sorcerers retinue pretty much done, aside from basing and detail/touch ups. I probably wont rush to paint things again, i dont think they turned out as good as they could have.

Now the trophies on the champions shoulder wracks  im waiting to paint. The first space marine he kills in a challenge will have their chapter painted on that helmet. The tyranid one i duno i might not wait and just choose a random scheme.

So thanks again for reading and hope you enjoy.